[NL20-NL50] NL25 AQs in a steal situation

• radyan111
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB raises to $4, Hero raises to $10, BB raises to $25(All-In), Hero calls $15.00.

Flop: ($50.10) 2, K, J (2 players)

Turn: ($50.10) 5 (2 players)

River: ($50.10) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $50.10.

The thing that made me go broke here was his 3bet size - in 90% of the cases it's $3,50 cause you got the button for that. 9,9% it's $3 cause people are tought to raise 3 times the initial raise. $4 was something unusual and I decided it was rather a bluff or semi-bluff than AA. So I decided I have a decent amount of fold equity and followed up with my read. I guess I can't fold it after he shoves.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      I would think that most of the players that are gonna be 3betting quite often blinds vs steal got the memo saying that the bigger their 3bet is the more often it will have to work to show a profit. That is, unless they know you're gonna flat and fold on the flop most of the time. Thus without history I tend to give more credit in these spots when the raise is big.

Obviously if they didn't get the memo they're raising bigger to make it more scary, so i guess that without history, the only conclusion we can draw is that we are both getting exploited by different people by default :D
    • Kaitz20
      you can 4-bet pf and call shove, but I´d likely just call pf ip and play postflop.
      When you flop top pair, you usually have very easy decision how to play your hand.