[NL2-NL10] NL25 KQo

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      okay so this is my first post in here. preflop i should maybe only have bet 1$ but besides this how should i play this hand?

villain: 35/9/23
      vpip pfr wtsd - 35 hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($13.23)
      MP1 ($19.22)
      UTG+1 ($11.81)
      CO ($6.20)
      SB ($6.92)
      BB ($5)
      MP2 ($25)
      Hero (Button) ($4.30)
      MP3 ($10.31)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, Q
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero bets $1.25, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $1

Flop: ($2.85) J, 10, Q (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero raises to $3.05 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $3.05

Turn: ($8.95) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($8.95) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $8.95
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello raun,

welcome to the SSS forum!

I would only say nice hand. You could think of raising 3 + 1BB before the flop if you were to implement isolation raises in your play but I don't think that's necessary on nl25, even more I think it's better to raise 4 + 1BB for more value as on this limit there's enough fish.

On the flop, you have TPTK and OESD which is clearly a made hand and you should push for value when opponent checks to you. I really don't see another way to play this hand, just don't be results oriented. ;)

Regards,
      burek2000
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hello raun,

welcome to the SSS forum!

I would only say nice hand. You could think of raising 3 + 1BB before the flop if you were to implement isolation raises in your play but I don't think that's necessary on nl25, even more I think it's better to raise 4 + 1BB for more value as on this limit there's enough fish.

On the flop, you have TPTK and OESD which is clearly a made hand and you should push for value when opponent checks to you. I really don't see another way to play this hand, just don't be results oriented. ;)

Regards,
      burek2000
      when is it right to raise 3bb instead of 4bb preflop and why? i generally raise 3bb in late position and 4bb in any other position. should i consider changing this at higher limits ?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      when is it right to raise 3bb instead of 4bb preflop and why? i generally raise 3bb in late position and 4bb in any other position. should i consider changing this at higher limits ?
      Openraising less in late position comes in handy when you start to steal blinds against tight opponents who will usually 3-bet against you and seldom call you before the flop thus you will have to fold very often before the flop when opponent will 3-bet you. But as long as you raise purely for value and have (loose)passive opponents on the blinds just raise 4BBs so you get max value from the opponents.

As for raising when there are limpers before you raise normally 4+1BB until you start implementing isolation raises, meaning you will deviate from SHC and thus raise weaker hands than those in SHC. For isolation raises check this articles... Isolation raises.

I hope this answers your question, but feel free to ask if there's still something unclear.