Who really wins online?

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hi guys, after doing some research I am struggling to find players that actually win money online. Some players get a lucky big win. I am actually talking about players that win on a regular basis and can actually make a living from online poker.

Looking at most of these guys that win massive tournament mostly at pokerstars like the 1,5 mill garaunteed tourneys, the players that won it were actually all losing players before that win and down thousands.

So are you a player that wins money online? Post your username and the site you play on so I everyone reading this article can search you up.

This will give hope to everyone and prooves that you can actually win cash online.

If you check up most pros online they are actually down alot of cash, like Patrik antonius who is down over 300k this year and Gus hansen, who in my opinion are some of the worlds finest. of course there are some cases of pros that win online, mostly Durrr, which btw I would love to know the way he does it! but funny enough according to sharkscope he is a losing player, so this is kind of confusing.

Go on if you are a winning player post your username, and by winning I don't mean someone that basically breaks even, I mean someone that actually wins.
  • 77 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      There's plenty of people that win at poker. Viktor Jensen, Deldar182, Nutsinho, cts; just to name a few.
      I'd rather not share my information as I'd like to keep my winnings/losses private.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi NickSeraphim,

theres loads of online winners. Search for yoghi's thread in the successes forum.

I myself have ran terrible this week, and i'm almost $6k up (the moderators could back me up, its no shit). This wasn't due to luck or a big win. All done while 2 Tabling SnG's

Seriously, there are loads of profitable players on this site, who use our strategy's.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I win online.

What do you want to prove with this thread? That the rake is too high, or that the poker sites are rigged?

Sharkscope doesn't say a lot, most people make their money in cashgames, and sharkscope doesn't track that.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      i havent made loads, mainly because i keep cashing out

but since december i have cashed out more than 2k
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I look at it a little differently. I am not a great player but I have fun. I should not expect to 'make a living' playing poker because that is not a reasonable expectation. It is like a boy on the yard playing basketball should not have the expectation of playing in the NBA. There's a reason why pros are pros and joes should just look to improve here and there, and have some fun at night after working our regular jobs and after the kids go to bed. I think the success of the poker industry has convinced people that this is an attainable goal (making a living playing poker) for everyone, when we all know that is clearly not the case. There is no magic money tree. Regular jobs still support our families. Every 'get rich quick' scheme, stock, etc, has always ended in an inevitable crash. The people who were affected by the crashes were those who believed that 'this scheme really was the one' that offered reward without the risk. Clicking a mouse on the computer is a dream job. For 99.99% of people, it should only be a dream.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I agree with most things you say. Fun should always be more important, especially when you see poker as a hobby. Also the poker boom started with Chris Moneymaker who turned $40 into a main event title. Everybody thought they could do the same, especially because poker is about luck for a big part. Some people will deposit $100, run it up to $3k and lose it all, but they remember the $3k and they think they are the new poker superstar. Everybody who is connected to poker also wants people to believe this, so they advertise that everybody can be the best poker player. Pokerstrategy goes really far with this actually...

Originally posted by hackbinder
      Clicking a mouse on the computer is a dream job.
      This is not true. Being a professional poker player can be very very tough at some times, especially when you're on a downswing. Also people around you will never see it as a proper job, which you can say doesn't matter, but you will find out that it does. Also it can feel like you're braindead, just sitting behind a screen and clicking buttons all day. Another part of it is that you don't really meet people when you're playing online, you don't really meet new people during your job etc.

But on the other hand it is great, usually you can make lots of money in a short period of time, which leaves enough time for other things to do. At least I'm not complaining about it, it's just that it's not as perfect as you might think ;)
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      The goal of this thread is to boost peoples confidence and show it can be done, and there are better software which does take ring games into account to track profit :)
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Only Russian hackers make cash out of poker, everyone else who say they are, are lieing. So don't bother learning the techniques and strategies - just go and play the way you would play, as if it was your first time playing. Church.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suvalgysiu
      Only Russian hackers make cash out of poker, everyone else who say they are, are lieing. So don't bother learning the techniques and strategies - just go and play the way you would play, as if it was your first time playing. Church.
      QFT... oh wait wat? :D
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Phil Ivey.
    • LukeyLove
      LukeyLove
      Bronze
      Heh, Im no superstar at poker and have no ambitions to be but I make a solid 25% roi. Admittedly its only on the lowstakes $3 sng's, never gonna turn it into a living there but I play solid poker and enjoy making a steady minor profit.

Anyone that plays solid poker with good bankroll management and a calm head can easily make a profit in poker - surely thats what this website is all about?:)
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      I win a bit online :D
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      This thread is kind of stupid. Of course there are a lot of winning players, a lot of young "pros" make a living with it at low-mid stakes, but there aren't many players that actually play high stakes and win millions.

As far as tracking sites are concerned, sharkscope shows only tournaments and like somebody already said, most players make their money in cash games, and sites that track cash games are not that correct. I checked myself on a tracking site and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off ;)

And as far as Yoghis comment about poker player not being a dream job... well it depends on the prospective. If you have the mental stability for it and you love the game, as far as I'm concerned it is a dream job, especially if it leaves a lot of time for other stuff. And about ppl not understanding and looking you weird, WHO CARES, if you're successful and your friends look at you weird, get new friends the current ones obviously suck, and about other ppl wtf would you even care if somebody like a neighbor looks at you weird, fuck him :]
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      ok i may be bronze but im still in profit, therefore a winning player.
      I started with $50, worked it up to 600+ and made a lil cash out, and im still running good.
      So there you go :)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      The Rake, Yoghi, Phil Ivey, Durrrr and Millions of others.

More people probs lose money than the people who win imo

-Jack
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Nickseraphim, maybe you should look at the Pokertableratings, where you can see cash game results. Durrr is up over $7 million in last year, Ivey $1.3 mill and so on...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      This guy: >$200k in 2009!

:s_frown: :s_o:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      House allways win obv.
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      They who win big tourneys aren't actually losing players. I know someone who have won serveral big and medium big tourneys on fulltilt over 2 years (or something)