Is this normal? [Downswing]

• Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Hey, ive been playing poker for about 2 months, and i wanna know if this huuge downswing is normal. Ive been play $3 18man sng only, with proper bankroll management. I am almost sure i played my A-game, but lost 24 sng out of 31. And previously i had a major upswing as you can see above:

And I practice icm a lot:

• 31 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Oh yeah... that can happen... it's pretty normal... its only like 20BI down, so it's not actually that big... they get bigger... just take a break if it gets too frustrating... keep learning and working on your game and you will learn all about "the recovery"...
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      That's not a huge downswing at all, I'm down $280 at NL25 in the past month.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Yeah, but we all know you suck sheep! *tickle* :D

NickParkes
      Oh yeah... that can happen... it's pretty normal... its only like 20BI down, so it's not actually that big... they get bigger... just take a break if it gets too frustrating... keep learning and working on your game and you will learn all about "the recovery"...
      +1
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Bronze
      yeah, don't worry. I also had a 24BI donwswing (playing 45man $3,25 on stars)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      tsk thats nothing, check this badboy of a downswing out ^^

• Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      tsk thats nothing, check this badboy of a downswing out ^^

3k games downswing? :f_o: :s_o:

Were you playing in tilt or it was just a bad luck?

Thats just sick.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      actually its a regular cash game nl25, i should have mentioned that.

it was mainly just a regular downswing. but towards the end i got frustrated and tilted a bit as well. so i just cashed out and started over with a small amount on low limit
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      variance in sng's (with a huge heater:)

The 1000 sng breakeven stretch looks alot better now, the heater makes up for it :p
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      ps: hidden brag included :f_cool:
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      ps: hidden brag included :f_cool:
      Can't find it!
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      actually its a regular cash game nl25, i should have mentioned that.

it was mainly just a regular downswing. but towards the end i got frustrated and tilted a bit as well. so i just cashed out and started over with a small amount on low limit
      downswing or heater and than losing
    • Masterbluf
      Masterbluf
      Bronze
      i went from 330$ to 60$ now back on 170
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      variance in sng's (with a huge heater:)

The 1000 sng breakeven stretch looks alot better now, the heater makes up for it :p
      hey viewer88, what games (and limits) were you playing to achieve this graph?

Nice up! :f_biggrin:

Im not playing poker these days, taking a break. Im only studying and making sessions review. But intend to grind a lot in the next week till the end of the month (im on vacation at college :f_love: )

Thanks everyone for showing your [horrible] graphs. It feels better when someone better than me hits a much worse downswing. :f_p:
      Im happy that I didnt tilt at any moment, and that i still likes poker :f_grin:
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Nice one viewer! brag in a downswing thread :f_p:
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      It should make everyone feel better about the variance: there's a huge heater behind every long breakeven strecht :s_love:
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      ah ok... as long as it is to make everyone feel better :s_biggrin: was wondering where you were gonna post that... it is a sick heater!
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I am gonna post it everywhere and brag a decent amount about it aswell ofcourse :tongue:
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Downswing still working

-15BI

That was like in two days. I made two or three mistakes, but it was close and i didnt tilted.

The only problem im thinking is 8 tabling. I can play smooth, withou been sitting out. But I have no reads, only one or two moves i notice. Thats bad, what you guys do?

• NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hey Alverine...

BTW viewer is playing $27s at stars, noticed that that one may been overlooked... 15BI down is still not too bad... with solid ICM and decent lines in the early stages you will come back from this... with SNGs you can regularly get 10 - 15BI swings... then less often will come the 20-30BI swings and they still get bigger... wait til you have 10K sngs on a graph and see some of the things that have happen :s_o: Anyway as long as you play your A-game it'll even out and go the way it's supposed to... with regards to 8-tabling, with a solid strategy it won't make too much difference, but reads can be useful... personally I currently grind up to 16 tables playing $22s etc... it's all about what you feel comfortable with... but when going through a downswing it is good to cut back to a level you feel comfortable playing...

GL