pacific trying to break me

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      over 600 hands now. the best of them has been AQ a few times. the rest J2, 82, 94, Q5, 24 and so on. 600 hands! my balance is a third of what it was a couple days ago. my "monster" AQs met AK most of the times. KK once.
      oh, and i actually cought a set with my 22 once. got beat by a straight.
      do u guys ever feel like your pokersite is trying to get rid of you? players with vpip between 40-50 are winning huge amounts. when i get my "monster" they´ve got fukin AK. no use playing good solid poker. feels like rockbottom.

and whats up with flush and online poker?! im constantly up against flush. is that the nr.1 winning hand or something.
  • 16 replies
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      sometimes i have to agree that playing solid poker appears to be the wrong thing to do as it gets you nowhere very fast.
      so far, i am enjoying pacificpoker. i like the sit n go's and low buy in tourneys and it is teaching me a few new tricks.
      i am sorry to hear that you are having a bad time recently. maybe a break for a few days and come back refreshed and start again? someone once gave me that advice and it works for me.
      hope things improve for you before long. hang in there, it has to get better soon.
      cheers
      :f_cool:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Ran my roll on Pacific up to $190, then went broke by getting 14 consecutive bad beats. I probably should've moved down a limit, but playing anything lower than $5.50 seemed like a waste of time. The software sucks anyway, so I doubt I'll be back any time soon.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      interesting complaint from platinum member..

why would you have lost 2/3 of your br with no starting hands? it sounds to me like you played with the hands you were given and gambled.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      No offense, ron, but 600 hands? 600? You should know that's by far not enough to make any conclusion...

P.s. I play on Pacific with overall ~ 3BB/100 (12.000 hands) and therefore don't feel like it's trying to get rid of me.
    • karmolll
      karmolll
      Bronze
      I also played there about 600 hands at cash tables NL6 and NL10 and i m preety sure I didn t won a showdown and it seems kind of useless to bluf those guys playing there
      Anyway i managed to finish 2nd in a 1$ MTT for 14$ and 1st in an 2.50+0.40 20players SNG and in the SNG I realy felt INVINCIBLE , :) ) I couldn t lose a POT

My BR there in now at 28$ and I never had more than the starting capital
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      [] sample size
      [] actual money loss
      [x] still frustrating and I feel ya :)
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      oh, and what about hitting sets 1/8? every fu*in time i have AA KK QQ JJ someone hits a set with his pathetic 33. and if i have AK the board is 247. every time. i love pacific poker. "annoying the hell out of me this poker site is." -yoda
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      oh, and what about hitting sets 1/8? every fu*in time i have AA KK QQ JJ someone hits a set with his pathetic 33. and if i have AK the board is 247. every time. i love pacific poker. "annoying the hell out of me this poker site is." -yoda
      You are not playing those right, those double gutshots, for one card idiot side straights is where the money is. Just all-in those and succes is guaranteed :tongue:

P.S. I hope your luck changes soon.
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Come on dude, you've obviously played enough poker to get to platinum and should know that 600 hands isnt a big enough sample to make any conclusions.

BIGGER SAMPLE SIZE = VARIANCE ADJUSTMENT = KARMA = WIN!
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      well that 600 is alot more now. and yes i should now. and i do now. but its not always easy to think logically. its not easy when i deposited 200$ to my pacific account 4weeks ago and playing good poker earned 4000$ in 3weeks only to suddenly, for a week now, start getting sets, flushes and straights against me almost every time im in a pot. the hard work ive been doing for 3 weeks ruined because of opponents luck. because thats all it is..sets,straights,flush hasnt got anything to do with skill.

yes im bitter.

and now i went broke. last hand: hero 22, villain QJ. board: 2QJ J 5
      funny thing, i knew he was beating me. didnt care. not even phil ivey could win playing with my profile at the moment. sayonara, ill never play a hand on pacific. thinking of trying pokerstars because of the traffic and better graphics. later
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      well that 600 is alot more now. and yes i should now. and i do now. but its not always easy to think logically. its not easy when i deposited 200$ to my pacific account 4weeks ago and playing good poker earned 4000$ in 3weeks only to suddenly, for a week now, start getting sets, flushes and straights against me almost every time im in a pot. the hard work ive been doing for 3 weeks ruined because of opponents luck. because thats all it is..sets,straights,flush hasnt got anything to do with skill.

yes im bitter.

and now i went broke. last hand: hero 22, villain QJ. board: 2QJ J 5
      funny thing, i knew he was beating me. didnt care. not even phil ivey could win playing with my profile at the moment. sayonara, ill never play a hand on pacific. thinking of trying pokerstars because of the traffic and better graphics. later
      Just highlighting what I think is a problem here. No sign of any reasonable bankroll management in this, and variance will kill the best of players from time to time. BRM preserves bankrolls through periods like this. No more to say.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i have had downswings that last over 20K hands (mixed with bad play offcourse) so 600 hands is nothing
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You went broke??

from 4k to busto? Thats not even possible if BRM is used.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi ronekinky,

Every poker player has felt this way at some time. Everyone catches a downswing at some point. If you feel like the poker site you're playing at is "trying to get rid of you" then its probably time for a break. Your poker site loves you, why would they try and get rid of any one of their players who is contributing to rake, you are being paranoid. The cards will turn around sooner or later.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Had a bad streak of over 25k hands on pacific too but still didn`t lose more than 1/2 of my roll. What kind of BRM are you using ?
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      sarah thanx for the encouraging words. taking a break is exactly what im doing now. im taking a month(atleast, might become longer) where im not playing at all just focusing learning. been to focused on playing and winning.