400$ to 10.000$ in 1 month by ihufa

• ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      I've fullfilled the goal i sat myself in my first blog, reaching 10k$. Actually i've reached a lot higher than that (30k$), but I've decided to cash it all out and do this challenge, just for the fun of it. The competition will serve as a big motivation hopefully

I'll start from 400$ using a 40 buyins BRM at minimum, not including rake, meaning my 400$ is enough to play 10+1$ sngs.
      I may count the money i have in play as part of my bankroll, meaning I may start out with 12 * 11$ sngs if i want to.

I may use my earned FPPs to buy into whatever satelites i want, and play whatever tourney i qualify to, even if it's out of BRM for bankroll at that time. I may also use the T$ to play normal sngs.

Ill play s&g's with between 9 and 180 participants on pokerstars. I will not play higher than 60$ sngs
      I will not play any MTTs except for the ones, that i qualify to through my FPPs

I will start on july 1. and play for the whole of july. If i can do this (again) I'll know im ready to go pro.
      This meaning that the bet will start on 1st of july 12:00 PM and end on the 1st of august 12:00 PM

Propbets welcome, ill put up to 2k at 3-1 since im not boku and i can't play more than 12 tables at the same time (possibly 16, i might try that out).

Bets between 60$ and 1500$ welcome (meaning ill pay back 20$ and 500$ respectively).

I obv mustn't reload to 400$ if i go broke
  • 46 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      One of my heroes. :heart:
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I think you're one of the sickest people here on the site, ihufa. And I mean sick good. Good luck with your challenge, I won't bet against you..

@Vargan: edit your signature and click options, uncheck disable BBcode.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      gl man keep us update in irc :D
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Good luck with the challenge... I'll be following with great interest :f_grin:
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      gl ihufa, I hope you will make it :s_cool:
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Gold
      gl ihufa. You can do it :s_thumbsup:
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      I think you're one of the sickest people here on the site, ihufa. And I mean sick good. Good luck with your challenge, I won't bet against you..
      THIS!
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Gl using BRM ;) .
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      If you would set some more clear rules I might be interested.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I would be interested if you were playing SnG's only, and as long as the BRM was CONCRETE.

As yoghi said, post more details. BTW which SnG's?
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      as i can remember you are the guy who winned 2 MTT (50K guaranted ...maybe im wrong) bring you more than 32K? ...

sorry to be sceptical but i dont think you can make from 400$ to 10k playing sng in 1 month.... yes you cashed big in 2 tournies you should be happy ... but this is little too much ...

maybe from 2K to 12K in month is possible but i dont think you will be able from 400$

yes you can say boku87 did it in 15 days. ..but he 30-50 tabeling ....

id like to know other stuff like how many tables do you play,with sng etc etc ...

dont get me wrong im not saying anything bad ..but this is my opinion how it ends

update: i finded out that you 12 tabeling ... wish you best of luck :)
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Very interesting challenge! I'll keep an eye on it! GL :s_cool:
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Set the rules and I'm almost in.
      1) Play only sngs and mtts
      2) Say what's the minimum we can bet that you accept

If you reconsider about your challenge and set the exact rules I'm ready to invest $$$...just to motivate you of course :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      Hey everybody, thank you for the kind words :D

I have specified the rules in my first post so no misunderstandings should occur.
      Ill accept bets between 50$ and 500$ but with a cap of 2000$ as im not at all confident that i can make it in a month :P
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      No can do! This is far beyond any get rich quick scheme. You need like 2500% profit and i would calculate how many thousands of SnG's to play on what ROI or MTT's to win but it's futile :)

Anyway, i do believe that you'll end up with a nice bankroll (if you respect BRM...) after this month. Interesting challenge.. I won't bet you because you actually might reach 10.000 if you don't respect BRM or if you get some crazy crazy luck.

Good luck man! I'm looking forward to see your 1000-3000$ bankroll at the end!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      No can do! This is far beyond any get rich quick scheme. You need like 2500% profit and i would calculate how many thousands of SnG's to play on what ROI or MTT's to win but it's futile :)

Anyway, i do believe that you'll end up with a nice bankroll (if you respect BRM...) after this month. Interesting challenge.. I won't bet you because you actually might reach 10.000 if you don't respect BRM or if you get some crazy crazy luck.

Good luck man! I'm looking forward to see your 1000-3000$ bankroll at the end!
      I have to respect BRM :) otherwise i lose the challenge

Im reviewing some vids and trying to make a spredsheet in excel showing how much i would have to play to reach 10k$, and it's not encouraging:D

I will have to luck out in a couple of MTTs on top of sustaining atleast 25% ROI. Oh well... done that before :D

If u want to bet post below before the 1st of july
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Say I bet a hundred bucks what can I win?

ps: nvm I saw it's 3:1
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      This is the last day before my challenge starts and i have a little problem.

First of all i got plenty of $ on fulltilt, but 0$ on pokerstars and i mustn't deposit before in a few days, so if someone would like to exchange please say so.

Also im pretty relieved noone took the propbet, as i think i have a 90% chance of failing, so i'll just be doing this the pride.

I'll post a screenshot of my bankroll every night as proof

Can i track my sngs on pokerstars with something other than sharckscope? I mean PT3 tells me i have -100% roi cause it doesn't count in the winnings

Oh and i played the 1060$ buyin 1k$ monday on fulltilt last night. After a few lost slightly-ahead-flips i finished in 34th out of 320 for 1440$ :s_cry:

That's it. Can't wait to start :D
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      There is tourney manager. Haven't used it personally myself, but have some friends which do and said they liked it. Worth looking at!