Same shit different day

• steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      Today I was playing a $5+0.5 - 5000 GP NLH rebuy game. I struggled about 1 hour to make from the 1500 chips to 8500 then i get moved to a different table.
      All stacks were about 1500 and one had about 4000.

I went broke in 3 hands.
      1) 85 suited from the button (my favorite hand) - 4 limpers, i limp, SB calls, BB checks. FLOP 5 5 8. check check check bet all in +- 3000. I was the only caller. he shows QQ turn comes 8 river Q.

2)A9 of clubs from CU.. ( steaming a bit from the last hand) i raise 4BB the same guy calls. FLOP 3c 8c 9. he checks i bet pot (950) he calls. TURN Kd check check. RIVER Jd he checks i bluff bet 1000 he calls he shows J 5.

3)TT in the SB (about 2800 chips left). the same guy calls ( i had a read on him that he played any 2 any position any price = BIG FISH DONK :p) i raise to 800 (8BB) he calls. FLOP 2 2 7 i bet all in he calls. he shows 9 2 off suit.

I will never play $ 5+ 0.5 MTT rebuys in my life. just stick to SnG's and low prize MTT's until my roll goes up for $10+ 1 buy ins.
  • 11 replies
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      so you limped junk, sucked out on a better hand and he hit his redraw....maybe the lesson is to fold the junk pre flop.

unlucky on the second hand, but why no second bullet on the turn? what was his position?s

third hand....massive over bet, you're on tilt so he probably will call you light. He sucks out out LIKE YOU DID on the first hand, but you dont hit your redraw.

All up, maybe you should have a long hard look at yourself rather than just going off on a rant, because you played these hands really poorly.
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      well i just limped on a multiway pot . i only do that with 5 8 suited once in a while. in a multyway pot you can have aces and after the flop you don't have the best hand with 6 other ppl in the hand. i am very good in SnG's but in MTT's it's always a fullring so you can't be tight and play premium hands. I admit i didn't play my best but with a guy that loose i value bet TT knowing for sure i had him and that he'll call any amount with any hand. so it was correct from my part. Also it was 50/100 blinds and most of the players had 10 - 20 BB. so A9 suited in position was a good play. i made everybody but the loose calling station fold.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      i think you need to do more reading...and like most small stakes players (like myself), realise that you are not as good as you think. then you may be able to be more objective.

p.s. in 2nd hand, check down the river...even a calling station will only call with a peice of the board, and overbetting the pot with 3rd pair looks as weak as it is.

3rd hand...tell yourself you played it well all you like, but donkey overraise is never good play.

Hope you take the above as intended and do some more reading to improve your game, that is why we're all here after all.
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      AussieIan i think you need to do more reading also since when it is wrong to limp sc on btn when 4 guys limped in front of you and you have position on all those fishes.Just loled at your post about suckouting and how its awful preflop play by him to call with 85s i would call all day long 85s with 4 limpers in front of me and on btn.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CimkoPro
      AussieIan i think you need to do more reading also since when it is wrong to limp sc on btn when 4 guys limped in front of you and you have position on all those fishes.Just loled at your post about suckouting and how its awful preflop play by him to call with 85s i would call all day long 85s with 4 limpers in front of me and on btn.
      @cimco...i suggest you read what i said properly. 85 is not connected, it is suited junk. i never said awfull play, just said he limped junk....fine if you want to do that, especially on BU. But dont cry about going from big dog, to big fave, to losing. I'm sure if he had the Q's and lost it would be to a massive donk with suited junk....so you cant have it both ways. After that it looks like the tilt monster took over, which happens.
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      Originally posted by CimkoPro
      @cimco...i suggest you read what i said properly. 85 is not connected, it is suited junk. i never said awfull play, just said he limped junk....fine if you want to do that, especially on BU. But dont cry about going from big dog, to big fave, to losing. I'm sure if he had the Q's and lost it would be to a massive donk with suited junk....so you cant have it both ways. After that it looks like the tilt monster took over, which happens.
      it is suited 2 gapper and he had very good price to call it and also donk called with QQ preflop without raising and its gonna get crushed vs 5 ppl seeing flop.If OP had Q's he would probably RAISE it preflop and not give good odds to opponents like this donk did.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      yep, good price to call
      yep, poor limp with QQ
      still, dont whinge playing a suited 2 gapper, 3 gapper or whatever else you want to play when you hit hard and get outdrawn

dont make it worse by decide you'll go get the guy who beat you and overplaying after that.

we also have no info about the lead up to the hand....was steII stealing often with his big stack till the smaller stacks got sick of it and fought back?
      did the guy who won the second hand not believe him after he just showed down 8-5 the hand before then tried to steal next hand?
      there's not enough info to judge the context of hands, it just looks very tilty after the first one.

you seem focused on whether playing 8-5s is good or not. How about focusing on giving an honest appraisal to a guy who is convinced he is very good (to quote his post) and everyone else is a donk. The fact is those of us who are not playing the high limits aren't very good (or we would be playing high limits)

I've done a lot better all round since i realised i'm not good and worked on improving my game rather than blaming others or luck for losing, and to say you're not playing a limit because it's players are so bad is putting your head in the sand rather than looking in the mirror.

Just my opinion, and the last i have to say on it.
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      ok thank you for the feedback. i appreciate the replys.

I suggest for AussieIan to watch the new video 3$ SnG live in the SnG section Bronze level. You will see plays just like mine from the coaches.

I admit that i need to learn a lot more for the MTT's even if i cashed more than in SnG's because once i get to the final table, i never finished lower than 5th place.

My plays are really good for SnG's, i thought i should play them in that Tournament, because as you all know, the rebuy tournaments are full of fishes so in the long run i will probably win one if i decide to keep playing them :p.
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      yeah i talked only about 85 hand since i think its good call preflop with so many callers and btn.But every beginer will whine about getting outdrawn to someone thats just how it goes.
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by AussieIan
      we also have no info about the lead up to the hand....was steII stealing often with his big stack till the smaller stacks got sick of it and fought back?
      did the guy who won the second hand not believe him after he just showed down 8-5 the hand before then tried to steal next hand?
      there's not enough info to judge the context of hands, it just looks very tilty after the first one.

I was just moved to that table few hands before the first I played.
      Very good in SnG's doesn't mean the best, it just means better than average.
      In SnG's i have a ROI of 35% at $5+ .5 limits with about 5000 games played. and in MTT's it's a 25% ROI because i finished 2 in a 5000 GP freezout with a 1200$ win. the other wins were from 500 - 11 $.
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      I played the second hand very poorly from the turn.i could of won that. that hand i was steaming.

The third hand with the big overbet is actually standard play against these kind of opponents(kind of like stop and go when you don't have fold equity) and it's actually +ev in SnG's, don't know for the MTT's. but most of the people at that table were on push or fold stage in my mind. so if one pushes i am committed so i can't talk myself out of the hand. i am usually ahead on their ranges 22+ A2s+ K5s+ Q8s+ the same for off suited hands. plus suited connectors. I am a 66% favorite for that range. Against any 2 as my read on him was i am a 75 % favorite. so it's a good play from me.