Spotting leaks to get better...

• heidavey
      heidavey
      Bronze
      Now that i've played a number of hands, pokertracker is telling me that I am TAP-tight aggressive passive.

I have improved from sLAP - slightly loose aggressive passive.

I see TAP as being good preflop and not so good postflop. Is that a correct evaluation?

I want to improve further to TAA - ie improve my post flop game.

How do I use the poker tracker's stats to spot leaks?

Oh, and did I play this hand correctly? I think it was just (unlucky) the odd occasion where i would lose this hand.

Party Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:spade: .
      UTG calls, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], MP1 calls, [color:#666666]3 folds[/color], Button calls, [color:#CC3333]Hero raises[/color], BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4:spade: , 6:heart: , T:heart: [color:#0000FF](5 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]Hero bets[/color], BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4:heart: [color:#0000FF](5 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]Hero bets[/color], BB folds, UTG calls, [color:#CC3333]MP1 raises[/color], Button folds, [color:#CC3333]Hero 3-bets[/color], UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 9:heart: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:#CC3333]UTG bets[/color], MP1 calls, [color:#CC3333]Hero raises[/color], [color:#CC3333]UTG 3-bets[/color], MP1 folds, [color:#CC3333]Hero caps[/color], UTG calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Results in white below: [color:#FFFFFF]
      Hero has Kh Ks (flush, king high).
      UTG has 7s Ah (flush, ace high).
      Outcome: UTG wins 25.50 BB. [/color]
  • 1 reply
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      Its the first time i hear about the words TAP or sLAP or TAA. I wouldnt care much about which letters a software uses to describe my style. Just try to play every hand perfect. Listen to the coaching sessions and compare them to your own play. Post hands you are unsure about here on the forum.
      If you really want to compare your stats look at this when youve become gold: http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/strategy/61/

And about your hand: You cant cap the river here. UTG 3bets it, which he wouldnt do with a smaller flush (unless he is some kind of maniac). He either has the better flush or a fullhouse (board has paired so be aware of the possibility of someone holding a fullhouse). Also, dont post results when youre posting sample hands. Different results dont change the way you should have played.