[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH QJs 2pair on a suited board

• Volrath89
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($20)
      UTG ($19.80)
      Hero (MP) ($20.20)
      Button ($20)
      SB ($7.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, J
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.80, Button calls $0.80, SB calls $0.70, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.60) 7, 6, J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.60, Button calls $1.60, 1 fold

Turn: ($5.80) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $3.60, Hero calls $3.60

River: ($13) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

Total pot: $19.50

Villain stats:

Flop: I cbet this wet board with TPGK since there are a lot of draws that will pay me, but yeah my cbet should be higher, around ~$2.00.

Turn: I hit top 2 pair, but now the flush completes, so I check. The aggressive villain bets and I think he can do that with AJ, KQ, not only with the flush, so I call. Maybe it was better to play bet/fold? (I felt with 2pair playing bet/fold might be too weak)

River: His bet is so small and I have SD value so I really have to call here I think.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      Sure villain seems aggressive, but he's also a huge nit, i don't really expect him to flat preflop with many Jx nor do i expect him to call your c-bet on that flop with any Qx. Even if he did, i won't give him credit for trying to valuebet with those hands on the turn (especially since most of his value would come from hands with a big heart and you would likely have barreled that turn with those) and i don't think he would turn those into bluffs either, it's just easier to check it down given how ugly the board is if he thinks you have nothing. So i expect his value range for betting the turn to be much stronger than you think.

If you know he really likes to float c-bets then i don't mind your line, but really i think you're splitting at best when he bets that turn for value. Probably 77-66, figuring they would trap the SB fish in the pot by just calling on the flop and raising the turn, and then are betting when you check but are scared that you have the flush when you c/c. You obviously have to call the river for this price once you decide to c/c the turn and be happy that he didn't throw a 2/3 pot bet at you.
    • Kaitz20
      since player is aggressive I think bet/shove turn is better line that start calling him down
      he could make there so many moves on the turn and you hold top two pair.