[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH 45s OESD on the flop

• Volrath89
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($21.56)
      BB ($18.35)
      UTG ($18.19)
      MP ($20.40)
      Hero (CO) ($19.10)
      Button ($19.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 5
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, SB calls $0.70, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.80) 6, K, 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises $4.20, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($10.20) 10 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.80, Hero folds

Total pot: $10.20

Villain stats:

Flop: I call his raise because he is ultra aggressive and I think I have good implied odds. Guess this is ok against aggressive villain, right?

Turn: Well, w/out hitting and with no showdown value, I have an easy fold. Had I hit I guess I could take advantage of his aggressiveness and high WTS and play call turn, raise river, or just raise turn?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      Depends what you mean by ultra aggressive. You need implied odds to make that call on the flop, but if by ultra aggressive you mean he is c/r'ing with anything constantly, that means his range is very weak and you need to be sure he's going to fire again with air to consider you have implied odds, because he won't have a big hand to pay you off very often. If that's not the case, you're effectively floating the raise because no matter if you hit or not, he is giving up and c/folding most turns, so your cards barely even matter.

Personally I think until i can better define his aggression i'm dumping it, he raised big, it's hard to get paid off if he does that with air often and we only have 6 outs if he can do that with a flush draw, i'll find a better spot.
    • Volrath89
      Depends what you mean by ultra aggressive.

Yeah, well I meant he doesn't like just to call, he always (well at least every 11 out of 12 times) bets, raises or folds.

So hm I think he can do that with many hands on the flop, ofc also with the flushdraw and then you made a good point, I only have 6 outs, it was probably a bad call on the flop. But well, when I'm trying to steal with marg. hands and actually hit something (because I can't rly expect to hit a made hand with 45s, hiting a draw is ok) I feel weakish giving it up so easy :P .

I guess I might start playing tighter since every villain seems to be fighting back, at this rate I'm gonna end with FR micro-limit stats xD
    • Kaitz20
      if you think player is very aggressive you could also check back flop and bet turn when he checks again.
      this way you don´t build big pot and he doesn´t give you too many credit if you hit your straight and raise for value.