[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH: Trip 9s

• Computerized
      Computerized
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (0 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Preflop: with 9, 9
      2 folds, Villain bets $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) Q, 9, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Villain bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.72) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40 , Villain calls $0.40

River: ($1.52) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, Villain calls $1.20

Total pot: $3.92 | Rake: $0.26

Just wondering how I played this. Should I have check-raised flop and/or turn?
  • 4 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello. How come your converter doesn't state the positions and stack sizes? Try using pokerstrategy converter. I'll assume you're in SB with fullstack and facing a fullstack. You should really 3bet this preflop for value and because you're OOP.

Anyway, quite drawy board... I would usually bet out myself for nearly pot, but if you're confident that he will cbet and he most probably will on this board if you didn't 3bet preflop, you should definitely check raise. Bet turn, but you'll need to bet much more here to protect yourself. River is very ugly, but you can still value bet this.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Hi

As rickydaprince said, you should either lead out on flop or checkraise to potsize (~$0.90) - check/calling is not an option on draw heavy board.

As played bet more on turn for protection, there are potential draws out there.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      It's not a good board to slowplay.
      I'll c/r the flop and shove the rest of it on the turn. (we can't your stakcs)
    • Computerized
      Computerized
      Bronze
      Yeah, I seem to have trouble with hand converters. The poker strategy one says it can't read my language (English)... if I recall we were both full stacked.

Thanks for the help. I realized my mistake afterwards - have to keep my eyes open for straight draws.