• 25 replies
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      that's not a good news for them. :f_frown:
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      I think the change is good, I can finally play Heads-Up there.
    • MAlex87
      MAlex87
      Bronze
      TERRIBLE changing

i'd probably stop grinding FR

and if VPP in SH diminushes i am going to leave PS
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Hmm, I am not sure if it is a good or bad change, but it seems they are adding partial FPPs, so that might be better than old system (Atleast from Scotties example on p2p forums)

FYI ps awarded 1 vpp for 0.4 rake, second one when rake reached 3$, third - 5$ (pot size= 8$, 60$, 100$ respectively)

For everyone to get 1FPP with suggested scheme, rake has to reach 1.8$ (pot size = 36$)
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Will it increase or decrease hourly VPP for SH? At least they lowered the limits for silver/gold etc..

"PokerStars now offers cash ring games with a new VPP award structure. Tables offering this new award structure include:

* ’1-on-1’ tables for all games
      * All ‘6-max’ tables for the following games:
      o No Limit Hold’em
      o Pot Limit Hold’em
      o Pot Limit Omaha
      o Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

During the transition period to this new award structure, there will be tables offered which award VPP according to the standard formula, as well as tables that will award VPP as described below. These new tables are temporarily labeled with “newVPP” in the table name.

VPPs at these tables are based on the total rake collected at the table, and the number of players dealt into the hand. Like in tournaments, at these tables 5 VPPs are awarded for each $1.00 in rake collected. The VPPs are then divided equally among the players who were dealt into that hand.

EXAMPLE 1: In a $3/$6 “6 max” No Limit Hold’em game, six players are dealt in, and the rake is $3.00. With $3.00 rake, 15 total VPPs are awarded. Each of the six players dealt into the hand would receive 2.50 VPPs.

EXAMPLE 2: In that same $3/$6 “6 max” No Limit Hold’em game, five players are dealt in and the rake is $2.00. With $2.00 rake, 10 total VPPs are awarded. Each of the five players dealt into the hand would receive 2.00 VPPs.

EXAMPLE 3: In that same $3/$6 “6 max” No Limit Hold’em game, three players are dealt in and the rake is $1.00. With $1.00 rake, 5 total VPPs are awarded. Each of the three players dealt into the hand would receive 1.67 VPPs.

EXAMPLE 4: In a $0.25/$0.50 “6 max” No Limit Hold’em game, with six players dealt in, if the pot size is $6.00, the rake would be $0.30. With $0.30 rake, 1.5 VPP would be awarded. Each of the six players dealt into the hand would receive 0.25 VPPs."
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      According to the 2+2 posters this rapes FR players.
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      hmmm,if rapped FR player....is faster now or before to earn FPP in 6max or HU?....I see that just 6max and HU have table with change in name:"newVPP".....
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      HU, great. Small 6-max, pretty much no change. Large 6-max, about +25%.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Damn. :(
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      I think the change is good, I can finally play Heads-Up there.
      +1 only reasons why I didn't play HU so far, was that I couldn't get gold member status at pokerstrategy with the volume I put on to HU.
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      So for FR SSS,and SH SSS players <NL50 there is no change for now?
      PS-if is for HU now great how was before?
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      FR for now there will be no change, at least until the end of the year (to avoid screwing those going for SN/SNE).

Other games already have some of the new tables up and running for testing, I only play FR so can't really say anything about them.

Either way, I hope they don't go ahead with the change as-is for FR, I think it would cause a lot of people to move platforms.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by extpan
      So for FR SSS,and SH SSS players <NL50 there is no change for now?
      PS-if is for HU now great how was before?
      It was hard to get VPP b4.
    • kamil90
      kamil90
      Bronze
      I didn't read all but visit lobby of P*. There are tables with new and with old VPP system.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Also for more casual FR players I'd say this would be good. This should drop off the number of 24 tablers at NL100/200 grinding for supernova. Haven't played there personally, but just a thought!
    • gchacha
      gchacha
      Bronze
      And what about Fix Limit games? SH FL games would get the most benefit. Why hadn't Pokerstars included those games in the new system VPP?
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      I dont understand the new VPP system? What have they changed. All i noticed is that in my casher it shows my vpps to 2 decimal places...Someone explain.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      basicly now there's a relation between player per hand and vpps, the less players the more vpp each one gets.

the important thing, everyone gets the same rakeback now but FR grinders are sick to their stomach since they had awesome rakeback before and now it's just average. for SNE grinders it'slike being of pace because the change was made midyear.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Yes. but the change hasn't been made midyear for FR, they have said they will wait until the end of the year.