UTG ($355)
      UTG+1 ($42)
      UTG+2 ($34)
      MP1 ($40.85)
      MP2 ($200)
      CO ($260)
      Hero ($53.50)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $2, fold, CO calls $2, Hero raises to $11, fold, fold, MP1 calls $9, fold,

FLOP ($27) A:club: 8:club: 2:club:

MP1 bets $10, Hero calls $10,

TURN ($47) A:club: 8:club: 2:club: J:diamond:

MP1 bets $19.85, Hero calls $19.85,

RIVER ($86.70) A:club: 8:club: 2:club: J:diamond: 7:spade:

VS unkown

hard situation for me.
  • 7 replies
    • DaPhunk
      I hate spots like this. Obviously somewhere I could improve. I think I just call his flop donk for pot control and reevaluate turn. I don't want to get all my chips in on this flop versus him and we get good odds/ implieds to call.

But then I think there are arguments for just getting it in on the flop also as a SemiBluff. If we just call and reevaluate Turn we can then get pushed out by a 2nd barrel when we're ahead....

The Ace makes this a really annoying spot for me. Maybe we should fold so we don't have a hard decision on turn when we could easily be way behind....

This small donkbet on flop could mean a fishy nuts value line, but more often its a weak ace or a cheap attempt to steal the pot with nothing I think.

I would actually think about posting this in the BSS forum and asking the judges of their thought processes in this hand In the event that we are fullstacked. Maybe even get their opinion on what they would do if their stack were short like this also. They know a lot more about postflop play than all of us SSers :D

Edit; I've pretty much managed to drive myself mad thinking about this hand. I'm not really sure if my reply is of any use at all lol. Sorry about that xD
    • goldflair03
      both lines are +EV (flopcall or push)
      i think against an unknown-fish i play it like u did (lower variance :heart:)
    • Kruppe
      but how did he play it? was he planning to fold blank turn?
    • dandycal
      I push flop on this one. Calling down gives no FE and if you hit you might not get value because of 4 :club: on the board AND you get in tough spots :D

If he is drawing with the K :club: you are ahead (except against K :club: Q and AK which I find very unlikely). If he has a pair you have 40% eq + a good deal of FE if he hasn't got the A. In other cases you are just ahead.
    • Gerv
      Ugh I like both ways , if you call and he places another bet on the Turn whenever you miss, what do you do?

I prefer to shove because of your stack but on the spot I would be confused as well, I leave it up
    • ysessa
      when there is any fe i like a direct push since he can easily fold a better hand (small pairs) or even call worth fdraws.
    • RahXephon1
      His play confuses me in a million ways. Preflop it could be suited connectors, maybe monster, or Ax? Then on the flop the bet really doesn't seem logic for someone holding Aces or a made hand like KK-JJ, but he could also be really scared of the board so he made a stupid/weak bet giving you the odds to stay in the game.

Would A Kc make sense?

I know is not right to give hand solutions, but since the hand was already evaluated I would really like to know what he held.