This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH AQ squeeze, line check

• Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($78.96)
      BB ($50.70)
      UTG ($63.50)
      UTG+1 ($64.50)
      Hero ($52.15)
      BTN ($48.80)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

UTG raises to $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.75, Hero raises to $7.75, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $6, UTG+1 calls $6

FLOP ($24) 9:heart: Q:spade: 8:club:

UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $14, UTG calls $14, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($52) 9:heart: Q:spade: 8:club: J:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($52) 9:heart: Q:spade: 8:club: J:diamond: 5:club:

UTG bets $41.75 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $49.40

UTG:
      28/26/2.5/25 (400 hands)
      fold to 3bet: 38%
      fold to Cbet (3betpot): 100% (2)

UTG+1:
      12/8/1.3/16 (210 hands)

Flop:
      Bet for protection

Turn:
      After his call, there is no reasonable hand that I can beat, so line is c/f

right line?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      He seems to be defending to a lot of 3bets, it's not unreasonable to believe that he has some sort of speculative hands like suited connectors and small pocket pairs together with the usual 88+/AQ core when he calls preflop.

He called your flop c-bet with another player left to act tho, giving you a strong indication that you're beat already or that he's at least drawing to a lock with something like QJs or TT, and when the J comes on the turn i feel like his whole range including speculative suited connectors as you smoked.

On the river, he already c/c two streets on a board that is quite drawy even for a 3bet pot and now he open shoves into you. He can't expect you to ever call that without at least TPTK if he has a hand, and i won't believe floating the flop oop 3-way planning to take you off your hand if you show weakness is even remotely possible until is see him do it. I think he has at least JJ for 2nd pair + GS on the flop and now 2nd set, most likely a T with either TT or JTs.

We're getting almost 3:1 but i don't think we're good here ever.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he shouldn´t raise/call 3-bet oop with Tx to many times
      so I´d likely shove turn for value, although check behind and deciding on the river is also fine.
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      I am not concerned for Tx hands, then for 88+ hands