Short stack strategy

• Mfalzon
      Mfalzon
      Bronze
      hi...im playing the short stack strategy but its realy dont working..cause im playing exactly by the rules but im loosing alot of money...like i have pocket aces and someone wins with a flush after that i raised all-in pre flop..is it something wrong with my play or just bad luck?

tnx
  • 3 replies
    • Oscen19
      Oscen19
      Basic
      If you follow the strategy, you will eventually come out victorious. A downslide is common. getting beat by a flush while running AA is just a bad beat.
    • Mfalzon
      Mfalzon
      Bronze
      tnx..i needed to hear something like that cause i nearly lost all my starting capital with bad beats...btw do you know if when you make a deposit in the poker room you choosed...will i loose the $100 bonus?..cause it is supposed to be that for each 150 strategy points you earn you will be rewarded $25.

tnx
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mfalzon
      tnx..i needed to hear something like that cause i nearly lost all my starting capital with bad beats...btw do you know if when you make a deposit in the poker room you choosed...will i loose the $100 bonus?..cause it is supposed to be that for each 150 strategy points you earn you will be rewarded $25.

tnx
      Hello Mfalzon,

While you might think that you are playing correctly - there are probably lots of spots in your game where you are not playing optimally or even playing bad. This is why I would recommend you download the Elephant so that you can start tracking your hands. This way you can post problematic hands on the hand evaluation boards in while analysing your stats and graphing your progress.

This way we can REALLY tell if its just bad luck or whether it is your play.

The reason the extra bonus expires once you deposit is that we don't want players to initially use their own money. If they use bankroll management they should have no problems building a bankroll from it.

You can however ask PartyPoker if there is currently an open first deposit bonus that would practically replace your 100$ bonus if you did deposit.

All in all this will only be worth it though if you actually start working on your game in an active fashion.

Best regards
      SoyCD