poker sucks

• Vasco911
      Vasco911
      Bronze
      I went up to $170. Now im down to 118. Im going to cash it all out and give up trying to play poker. I lost out of the 6k today with KK vs A-Q of course he hits the A on the flop, nothing I could do because I went all in preflop. Happens all the time, and when I have the AA or AK I miss flop or he gets two pair.

I have read the articles and I dont agree with " There are no downswings ". I guess it depends what limit you play at, because at higher limit its easier to push people out. But in micro-low limit ( which you start out playing because BankRollManagement ) the people call you all the way with nothing and most of the time hit something and suck out on you.

Poker is mostly luck, and only mostly skill once your lucky enough to play people that care about pot odds and outs.... But in the lower games ( where you start out playing ) its almost impossible unless you get a crazy amount of luck, and end up rocketing to the good tables.

Im not on tilt, but I cant stand playing hours just to watch it wash away in minutes.. what a waste of time.

and the way my luck is going on that site, I know im going to have some problems trying to cash out the little I have.
  • 7 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • k0praonu
      k0praonu
      Bronze
      Ok. Bye.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Well, you started at the wrong side. Instead of wasting your huge poker knowledge on smaller limits you should deposit 1000$ and play only 100$+ SNGs and donk all the way. The players there calculating their odds/outs will be scared right away and fold everytime you push so you're guranteed to suceed. :f_grin:
    • And3street
      And3street
      Bronze
      Dude you're so right, these stuff happend to me to, I used to play a lot on bwin and wint a lot of turney's because everything was about skills, but know they changed the softwere and everything got realy bad. I lost all my bankrool, of course yesterday I had A8, Ak, JJ all one after the other, and did not hit anything.
      Here I played and win a few places in the first 50 players remaining, but still the same story as you have. I good lucky in the first few days and double my bankroll but after that was lose lose lose. Know I'm playing freerolls, I lost my fate:)
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      lol you clearly understand nothing about poker. its better to play poker with GOOD players than BAD players? they will scuk out on you MOST of the time? you surely dont know anything about poker

edit: btw KK vs AQ is like 70% maybe. so you ARE GOING TO LOSE 30% OF THE TIME you seem to not understand this concept. just pointing out your ignorance
    • CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      well this is what happened to me today at stars

i get some fpp and enter a sattelite with a prize worth fighting for , related to my pokerbankroll ( prize was like 7% of my actual account at pokerstars)

the tourney was turbo sng

during a span of 20 hands i was dealt 3(three) times AA !!! NICE, ISNT IT?

NOW

first hand my pfr get called in one spot, cbet get reraised with second pair on flop and i won his stack

after this i got AKO get called in one spot flop came kxx and he folded my cbet. got like 10bb there also

now comes second AA after a raise pf b4 me i 3bet my AA 3.2X the raise, get called not by the raiser , but by bb for .. attention 1/3 of his tourney life ( stack)

flop comes qs4h3h

now there are 2 hearts there but the pot is more than his remaining stack . anyway i checked this and he pushes an obvious flush draw, i called that with odds to stack him even with his 9 outs

board comes 5c + 6d and he shows 6h7h and crack my aces

ok now i was back to a little more than starting stack

8 hands away and blinds risen to 150/75 my stack 1530 , i got dealt AA third time ( bubble 7 persons away in 20 man sng turbo)

so AA third time : got a min raise to 300 b4 me, and i shove my 10bb stack with AA preflop

he shows 66 and river a 6 , i got my AA cracked and tourney over.

and this comes after 7 losses in a row, 0$ winnings in sng's.

MAYBE YOU KEEP YOUR( HUNDRED 39 )DOLLARS and buy a bike with them and wait for tony g : ON YOUR BIKE, SON

I stay , because ppl like durr who i greatly appreciates , dont deal with 139 dollars, but they did have that bankroll when they start

have a nice life , son

-
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vasco911
      Poker is mostly luck, and only mostly skill once your lucky enough to play people that care about pot odds and outs.... But in the lower games ( where you start out playing ) its almost impossible unless you get a crazy amount of luck, and end up rocketing to the good tables.
      I've heared people at NL100 knows about pot odds and outs and it seems you are properly rolled for a shot. ;)