$10.00
      MP2:
      $26.50
      MP3:
      $10.10
      CO(Hero):
      $15.05

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.4, Hero calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A, J, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

I decide to let him barrel again. No specific read on the villain. I don't have stats on his pfr% from MP. I put him around {AT,AQ+,88,JJ-KK,KQ}

Turn: ($1.75) K (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Not the card I wanted to see, Wasn't sure if should raise it up right here. I probably can get value from KJ,KQ,AQ. On the other hand the king really helps his range and I don't want to be raised.

River: ($4.55) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

He bets a strong 3/4 bet. I only beat a bluff, KJ and maybe strange bet from AQ.
      Thought about it for a while and disparately decided to call knowing that I'm probably beat. (Sometimes I can act like a good calling station machine. :tongue: )

Final Pot: $11.55.

villain stats:

vpip/pfr/af/hands 19/13.5/2.75/74
      Other stats are too small for a consideration.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      A bit of variety these days, we're getting a heads-up hand and then nl10 hands :)

Preflop

Dump this preflop against a tight MP opener ? ~13pfr makes for very strong utg/mp ranges, against which you probably don't even have 50% equity preflop to begin with, and certainly not a good playability postflop with it not even being suited. Reverse implied odds nightmare.

* When you miss you have to fold to the c-bet.
      * When you hit an A you'll spend the entire hand wondering if the guy is bluffing or not, which more often than not he won't be. He's gonna take a pot control line with worse aces and probably fold them at some point, and he's gonna valuebet you into oblivion with better aces.
      * The only way you're somewhat happy is if the flop comes J-high, and even then when you get bet into on the turn you have no idea if you're getting owned by QQ+ or not.

It's just not worth it at nl10 against taggish players, unless you know he never 2nd barrels air and you're willing to float most c-bets to take the pot down on the turn.

Flop

As played obviously forget everything i just said, we've flopped the nuts :D

I think i would repop him right there, he's certainly not folding AK/AQ to a raise on the flop, and if he has worse aces i don't expect him to continue betting much longer anyway especially with his weak c-bet size. We called preflop with the idea of getting value the rare times where we hit good, this is one of those times.

He can put us on something like T9 and call us down for his entire stack, which is what we want. Make it big, as he's not folding the hands we want to stack on that flop anyway, and bet the turn big again. If he 3bets i'm not happy about it but he can still do that with AK/AQ "for protection" so i'm not folding.

Turn

As played, shit card. Half the hands we were targeting are now ahead of us, and we're back in the dreaded reverse implied odds situation.

I don't think you ever get called by KQ when you raise that turn, i'm not even sure he's betting that card since he picked up showdown value and you called his c-bet on an A-high flop, so you might have an A.

KJ will stick around, possibly AQ too but you never know, a tag's reaction to the c/c flop c/r turn line is often "top pair no good" followed by a muck.

Actually, I think raising is gonna make the rest of the hand way easier to play compared to a c/c c/? line.

* You probably still get value from some worse hands.
      * If he 3bets you're dumping the hand instantly.
      * If he just calls, because your line looks so strong (something like 88), i expect him to check the river with AQ/KJ and possibly even AJ/AK if he's tight enough, so you can either get to a showdown for the price of your raise or c/f the river easily if he jams into you.

Sort of making the best out of a bad situation.

River

As played, different street, same story. I can still see him betting AJ KJ and AQ sometimes there, and obviously AK and better. I don't think you'll see a 3rd barrel bluff very often, you've called down so far on one of the scariest boards ever for your range.

I think i'm calling again, so that when he shows me AK i decide never to flat AJo preflop to a tight opener ever again at these stakes without better reads on him :p
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d likely 3-bet pf
      although just call is also fine ip
      I think he´d c-bet his whole range which he raised pf and since he´d likely c/f none ace on the turn, then I like raising to get value for Ax hands and play for stacks
      if you decided to call down then it is fine