[NL20-NL50] Nl25Sh Qq Oop

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($21.99)
      Hero (SB) ($26.43)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($25.23)
      MP ($10.26)
      CO ($44.53)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      3 folds, Button bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, Button calls $2.50

Flop: ($6.25) 6, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, Button calls $4

Turn: ($14.25) A (2 players)
      Hero??
      maya1984
      Bronze
      B/F is pretty standard here.
      You get value from FD and worser PP (sometimes free SD too) and when (and if) you raised by this passive fish you can easily lay down the hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop given the stack sizes i might consider betting more, so that villain has less than a potsized bet left on the turn and can call a shove with his worse overpairs and draws if that's the line i want to take. If you make it $5.50, the pot on the turn will be $17.25 and villain will have ~$13.50 left. I don't think the flop bet size makes a difference to that kind of player.

As played the turn is a really bad card, he probably doesn't have an A himself unless you know he's floating the flop with A-high (i wouldn't put it past this player) or he has AsXs, but that card will probably scare him if he has 8x or 99-JJ. On the other hand if you bet anything reasonable you can't fold anymore without a pretty damn strong read (1.7 AF for a 48 VPIP guy isn't that low), if you bet even $5 and villain shoves you're gonna get odds of ~34-to-10, or 3.4-to-1.

Try and think about how villain plays to make a decision. How often does he have 8x 99-JJ there ? Can he give you credit for the ace on the turn and fold those, or will he think you wouldn't have bet the flop if you had an A ? Can he lay down a flush draw ? Does he play too many Ax and floats flops with overcards ? If you just shove the turn, will he think it's bluffy or will he think you're strong ?

I can't really see myself checking that to him ever, unless i know he's scared of the A but i can make him think i don't have it if i don't bet the turn, and still get value on the river. "if he had the A he would have bet the turn, right ? I call"

Personally i think i would just shove the turn anyway hoping he thinks i'm bluffing or can't lay down whatever he has (villains generally find it hard to fold a big pocket pair), i can't see myself bet/folding for that price. Try and think about betsizing on the flop to avoid those kind of situations in the future.

Hope it helps.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies,
      i did put him on pocket pairs lower than QQ and FD after he called my flop bet, on turn i actually check/called push, since it seemed like he can try to push me off the hand if i checked to him, don't remember now why i thought so but i'm pretty sure i've got such impression from previous hands. And obv he shown AsXs.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Check/call is definitely the worst line, even worse than c/f (since c/f has EV=0 and imo c/c has negative EV).
      This is because once you check you're in a negative freeroll, your opponent will most certainly bet Ax and 6x - but he might well check behind his draws and especially 77-JJ which he might have called another bet with.

It looks like it sucks because it's kind of a bluff but like tamairlarace said a bet is the best play here.