[NL2-NL10] Nl25 TT

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      is it ok to call against such a high 3bet range even though i have so few hands on him?

villain: 17/14/15 - 100 hands

vpip/pfr/3bet

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($4.10)
      CO ($10)
      MP1 ($23.95)
      UTG+1 ($5.35)
      SB ($5.43)
      BB ($5.67)
      Hero (UTG) ($4.65)
      MP2 ($4.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10, 10
      Hero bets $1.25, 6 folds, BB raises to $5.67 (All-In), Hero calls $3.40 (All-In)

Flop: ($9.65) J, 6, 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($9.65) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($9.65) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $9.65
  • 7 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      You can't trust his 3 bet stat yet. 3 bet > PFR = too small sample :D

Even thought villain is short-stacked AND you are opening from EP (which makes 3bets tighter in general), I'm inclined to call here. Villain seems looser than a regular SSS and so I follow Basic strategy which commands a call with TT to 3bet.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks dandycal :)

so in general how do you judge wether to call the 3bet or not against an opponent who you have played so few hands against ? i dont like the basic strategy its too simple.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Calculate your equity and compare it against your range, I recommend u to attend xarry2's coachings on Wednesdays 19:00 CET

I dont really like shoving it here with TT, since you raise from EP so his 3bet range should be tighter. That said, your equity against such a range decreases

- Gerv
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      okay thanks for the advice. i will try to attend his training. it would actually be my first training session. have been watching vids and reading articles instead.

so basically if i beat my own range then i can call a 3bet?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'd take Gerv's word on this and forget about the push :] We can't expect villain to 3bet loose enough for a call with TT., 14 pfr is not too aggressive at all.

About the range thing, I believe Gerv means you should give villain an SSS 3betting range (which is the same as your 3betting range) and see how you are doing against it.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Oke the SSplayers either sees you like this:
      1) He is dumb and shoves -EV with AK+,JJ+
      2) He sees your stats and shoves accordingly based on that so you should look at your own Raise 1st from EP and see (for him) with what kind of 3bet range he would shove into you profitably
      3) He uses the article ''how to play against a fellow SSplayer'' and shoves KK+

Against 1) You are so-so as in -EV/=EV , Against 2) it depends on your openraise range from EP and against 3) you are doomed
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks guys for answering all my stupid/basic questions.

i am honestly learning so much in these threads.

in the equilator i tried to test with what hands i could beat my own range.

i found that also qq would be profitable to call a 3bet with. this is probably cause i also raise tt from ep.

do you think i should remove tt from my ep range?

i also sometimes play aq from utg+2 do you think this is profitable at such a low limit or should i stick more to shc?

also: usually i should be able to use his 3bet percentage to put him on either 1.2.3 of those categories. how big a handsample should i have to trust this percentage?