Live SnG BRM

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Basically in the title, I have a cardroom near me, was wondering if anyone has any experience with live SnG's.

Here are the limits/structure. They are 10 handed STT, wondering if anyone has tried something like this where they live.

Have read on 2+2 the limits are 10x different aka... 5/10 limit would be the equivalent skill level of about .5/1. Not sure how this works for the sng's. Just wanted some opinions, changing your play for live, BRM etc.

• 9 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Blind structure makes it a bit of a crapshoot imo, only 10BB's in 2nd blind level already!

Since its live it's prolly super soft, so I think 30-50 BI BRM should be fine though.. online is still better imo though :tongue:
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Play same push/fold with 10bb like usual??

Only hard thing would not being able to see a chip count on everyone at all times :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Yeah ICM will still work, although you will have to adjust the ranges for the live fish :tongue:
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      I've Played Live MTT/STT's...

I find that BRM depends on how often you are looking to play ?

I play 3/4 nights a week live and the tournaments range from £5-£50. I play with w/e excess income i have - as opposed to usual online BRM - because A.) You can't mutil table - therefore 50BIs is a bit much..because you'll most likely find it hard to fit in 2/3 tourneys per night.

Live also, you'll find you have abig edge if you use good ICM and i find, don't panic too much and play to exactly 10BB=ship rule, you can let it get to 7BB b4 a shove and still get blinds + a limper or two to fold. The vurbal "all in" seems to scare a lot of live players :D

keep me updated as to how you get on!

Sabo :club:
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      hmmm ok I'll keep that in mind. It seems like pretty crazy blinds there, so should be fairly fast.

I'm not even sure how fast live play would be. 15 min levels, would this end up being equivalent of about 5 min blind turbos? online i mean. They only run 3 times a week, prob won't go just yet as I'm heading to California tomorrow, but when I get back will probably go, even just try one with extra money since lowest BI is $55!

Since I think it would be fairly quick tournament, do you play usually as tight as online? (directed at anyone with experience :D )
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      $45 +$10buy in?

22%rake, seems too much. Theres no early phase, so no chance to outplay them. :s_confused:
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      These blinds and levels live is just a crapshoot, invest your money in something more profitable or a game where your greater skill and ability will be rewarded.
      As for BRM I would say, if you really want to play these games, dont worry about BRM just play with whatever money you dont mind losing to a crap player shoving any two.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      You can expect to play a lot more flops; i try to play around about as tight as i would online - maybe u can afford to limp more often in position because most weak Live players will basically tell you their hand - ABC Poker; Bet when u hit, check when u miss - Check/Raise is definitely more likely that they have a hand Live than online, as it doesn't happen as often..

Also make them pay for they're draws, because if some1 is drawing to an OESD they'll chase it at any cost..

As for the chip counts, don't be afraid to ask them how much they have behind, sometimes a 'small' stack (physical size) can be quite a hefty chunk of chips, i've had 3chips in a live tournament but still 15'000 with blinds at 100/200

Sabo :club:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      i think most aspects have been covered. My advice....... The live play compared to online is discusting, but, you will quickly notice who know what they are doing by the smallest things of having their blinds ready, how their chips are stacked, how quick they can count, wether they tlk or quiet, what kind of conversations that have. Blind structure looks horrible, looks like youll be having your stack on the line alot. I guess if u use good icm but you will have to adjust it a bit. Sometimes u can call lighter and more than likely youll have to shove tighter. But if u can pinpoint the stations and rocks you should be able to exploit them well enough. Goodluck.