FLOP ($0.85) 3:heart: 5:club: 8:club:

Hero bets $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, BTN folds,

TURN ($2.35) 3:heart: 5:club: 8:club: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.75,

RIVER ($5.85) 3:heart: 5:club: 8:club: 2:diamond: J:spade:

check, UTG+1 bets $5.85, Hero calls $5.85,

This is the very first hand i played @ this table, so no stats and reads

flop, turn - pretty standart i guess
      river - at first i wanted to bet, but i didnt want to get bluffed off the pot on my first hand ;) + there weren't too many hands that he could call me with, so i decided that c/c is better here
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would just pot both flop and turn to get maximum value from 8x and draws. The reason for that is that that guy limped from MP so he is likely bad, I don't think our bet size changes his calling range.

On the river,

* c/c will certainly yield more information on that player who seems to be fishy since you will always see the showdown, this is always useful. Plus a lot of draws missed and he might try to bluff you with them.

* b/f will ensure you get value from 8x (possibly afraid of the J on the river) and eventually Jx (if he picked it up with something like QcJc). You might get blown off the best hand since you have no idea what that guy would raise you with, but i don't think an unknown would raise that river with worse hands than yours if you make a decent bet.

I think it's close, I would probably lean toward check/calling myself. The value you might get from worse made hands is thin at that point and i see more draws than made hands in his range, so i like to give him a chance to do something stupid.

Hope it helps.