Pokerstars RSA Security Token

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I just recieved this email from stars.....

"Dear Xxxxxxx,

PokerStars is pleased to announce the release of two new account security enhancements which will help increase the security of your PokerStars account. We're sending this special email to you because you maintain a significant PokerStars account balance. The two new features are:

RSA Security Token
      PokerStars PIN"

I know the RSA Security Token costs FPP's, and I know what it is, after reading up on it. Do any of you high rollers use one? Any feedback?

Bestregards,
      Stiev
  • 11 replies
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      I don't use one unfortunately as my br isn't high enough (such a highroller stiev!) but I remember when they were testing them out and someone from 2+2 got one and said it was really good and he feels much safer now, its quite simmilar to the Barclays internet banking login.

I seem to remember they were quite a large amount of FPP's, dunno if they kept the same cost though.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I seem to remember reading somewhere (i'm guessing 2+2) that some people had some problems with the RSA security token, especially when logging out and in fairly soon? or something along these lines. Might want to look there, probably a bit more people that have it!
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      There is an old post in the pokerstars forum about this, but only opal had it. Might wanna try to get ahold of him. Let us know here how it works out if you get it!
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Mine has been working fine th¡s last 2-3 weeks. not a problem and is nice to be safer from hacking attempts.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I'm using it too and it's great. I can now visit suspicious sites and download trojan viruses and keyloggers and nobody still can't get into my account :) . Very cool feature.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Is it worth $130-140 though. I know if it stops you from getting hacked then yes, but you get any hacked money back anyway.

I would also need $20-30 of passwords everymonth.

Do the regs still think its worthwhile. Especially as there is the new PIN number aswell.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Wtf is that money? You pay like 3k FPP or smthing and that's all.

Oh, that sheet of poker is only if you lose the electronic device (which generates password every 1 minute automatically) and u have also lost 20 1 time passwords that come with the RSA token in case you lose that for some time. So basically u lose the RSA token, use those 20 1 time passwords, find the RSA token again and order urself new set of 1 time passwords just in case.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      The security token is 6k FPP's, which is the same as about $130-$140 for me.

I did not know you only used the "one time only" passwords if you lost the actual token device thing. Looks alot better now :) Thx guys!

Going to order one now. :)
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I've used an RSA in another online game that uses real money, and I have to say it's an absolute necessity. Although they aren't foolproof, you are more-or-less protected from hacking entirely, as even if they could be hacked, it would be easier to hack someone who doesn't have one.

My only thing is, if you can only withdraw to your own accounts that you've deposited with, the chances of losing your money to withdrawal are slim anyway, so your only real worry if someone hacking you and transferring/blasting your bankroll.

I do think it's too expensive, the last game that I bought it from offered it for $25, and then later for free to high-volume players, which I think Stars should do as well, as they are protecting themselves too.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Originally posted by cannell555
      The security token is 6k FPP's, which is the same as about $130-$140 for me.

I did not know you only used the "one time only" passwords if you lost the actual token device thing. Looks alot better now :) Thx guys!

Going to order one now. :)
      Actually it is ~96$ unless you are spending the FPP's for some tournaments that offer better value than the bonuses.

I think it is better to just withdraw money out of Stars instead of hoarding it there, there are no withdrawal or deposit fees after all.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes I use my points for tourneys, which is why they are of better value. I may well withraw most of the cash and keep it elsewere, but I still need about $3k at any one time on stars, to cope with day to day swings. So I still want to make it as secure as possible.