BB ($38)
      UTG ($207)
      Hero ($40)
      UTG+2 ($205)
      MP1 ($131)
      CO ($362)
      BTN ($236)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:club:

fold, Hero raises to $7, fold, fold, CO raises to $18, fold, fold, fold, fold,

CO wins $17

vs 7 % i have good equity to call, but this is tight player, call or fold?
  • 6 replies
    • DaPhunk
      MSpaint Skills!

Sometimes I get a slightly paranoid feeling like I should call in spots because CO can exploit my high fold to 3bet, however I tend to feel he has a good idea of my tightish raising range and simply measures his own hand equity against that range, pushing with JJ+ AK, possibly TT+ at widest so I fold. I think I would need reads to call.
    • ysessa
      equilator... please make your own calculations and when you have further questions feel free to ask.. for example if you have problems giving him an exact range.
    • raun
      okay so here are my calculations. i am a sucker at math so this is just for my practise. and its probably all wrong

99 has a 44% chance to beat a 7% range.

if i want to play here i would have to push. because i will be oop postflop.

the pot odds are around 41% if i push.

so i would say push.

is this correct?

100 / (47/33+1) = 41,25%
    • wuusaa
      dont trust the stats...
      he is an aggressiv fullring player with 6% 3bet.
      but not against a MP shortstack raise!

Try to give him a reasonable 3bet range!
    • PanDuzePE

can u just write for example "good fold, bad fold etc?"

i know how to count equity and use equilator but I post on forum only hard hands for me

so in this hand vs 7% 3bet i had to push, yep? u didn`t say that, u only say that i need to use equilator, eh.
    • ysessa
      i think villain is a good player and he will 3bet way more against bigstacks as against you... for a call you need 41% equity which is at least 88+,aq+ i dont see a reason why he should 3bet you that light... for me its an easy fold and you cant just look at his 3bet% and then use it for an equity calculation you have to think about his stats. he can "bluff" 3bet alot against bigstacks and be alot tighter against you, so my advice is to call ak,jj in this spot and when you see a hand that is out of line like 88 then you can adjust your calling range