[NL2-NL10] Could I have Played It Differently ??

• willfox
      Party Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: , A:diamond: .
      [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero raises[/color], [color:#666666]3 folds[/color], UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) K:heart: , 3:club: , 3:heart: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]
      UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7:diamond: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]UTG+1 bets[/color], MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

Results in white below: [color:#FFFFFF]
      No showdown. UTG+1 wins 5.70 BB. [/color]

I think I should have called on the flop and if he raised then fold ??
  • 1 reply
    • Remoh
      This is a fixed limit hand, so look that you post it in the correct forum ;)

But now to the hand.

You are the preflop aggressor and you are in position. On this board you don't wanna see a freecard on the flop. So make your continuationbet. Your opponents could only call if they have the K, a pocket pair, a three, a flushdraw or an Ace (than we dominate them). So we can minimize the field and if we don't hit our Ace on the turn and there is more than one opponent we can take the freecard on the turn. Otherwise, if there is only one opponent we could bet again.

The problem in your play is that we are giving our opponents the chance to draw to a hand which they would fold to a bet. Another disadvantage is, there is the possibility you are folding the best hand on the turn and we should aviod to fold any winners.