[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH QQ 3rd pair

• Volrath89
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($4.97)
      BB ($58.43)
      Hero (Button) ($20.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
      Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.70) K, 9, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.10) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.10) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $4.10

Villain stats

In 53 hands, although they aren't that much, his WTS is on the clouds and I don't think I'd make him fold a King on that turn. Also he is bad, but I'm not sure if he would call worse, so 2nd barrelling makes no sense I think.

On the river though, maybe it was better to bet? My argument for checking behind was the same than on the turn + I've been check/raised so many times on the river on this limit that I'm checking behind with hands that have some SD value :P
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      I think he may call turn with worse hands, so I´d bet for value
      river is fine
    • MaestroOfZerg

One of those spots where the result of the hand always affects us more than we think it does. Calling stations are a real test of your understanding of ranges and valuebetting in general.

Given his extremely high WTS and generally very loose passive stats (obviously it's a small sample but it kind of a general point i'm trying to make), you have to believe that he will often call the turn again with worse hands like TT, 9x, probably 3x and of course flushdraws, and that you will thus make money in the long run even if he ends up showing you Kx this time around.

Hope it helps.