[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH 33 set, slowplay

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($16.65)
      MP ($23.47)
      CO ($18.99)
      Button ($19.70)
      Hero (SB) ($21.04)
      BB ($19.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3
      4 folds, Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.60) 3, 2, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BB raises $4, Hero calls $2.80

Turn: ($9.60) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, 1 fold

Total pot: $9.60

Villain stats
      VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands
      47/17/4.1/21/110

I misplayed here on the turn I think. As I just called his re raise on the flop I think this was a clearly c/c or c/r, right? My thought was that if he had an overpair he might check behind on turn, but maybe would just flat my turn bet.

And on the flop I think I'm losing value if I re raise, on that very dry flop I don't think hands like 88-JJ would pay.
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      If you plan to bet on the turn OOP you might as well raise rather than call on the flop. You have no benefit in giving or taking a card here, and this overcard hits a range that will scare villain's 44-TT out of the game.

So as you said, as soon as you flatted the flop you were committed to a check on the turn. Represent an overpair or a couple of high cards and let the villain try and push you off them with another big bet.

As it is I dont think you could have got much more value out of this hand - it looks most like BB playing a retarded version of blind defence that must be being popularised by the same strategy site that is teaching the "bluff by calling" method: call preflop, bluff-raise the cbet postflop after giving you a chance to hit a monster.

Id say no matter what you did you probably had maximum possible value out of this already.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      being oop just 3-bet to 8-10$ and call shove
      if you decide to bet/call, then turn should be c/c or c/rai