Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,85
      MP3:
      $10,10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:spade:
      MP3 raises to $0,40, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1,40, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) T:diamond: , J:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1,80, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $2,85

is it ok not to cbet this board? if I cbet flop do I have to shove any turn?
  • 2 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      question that you can ask yourself to answer your question:
      - what's in his range when he call my 3bet?
      - How tight is my opponent?
      - how often my opponent fold to a cbet?
      - how often do I cbet?
      - will he fold small pp to a cbet? will he fold two OC?
      - What's my image on the table?
      - What's my opponent image?

Personally given the small sample I would c-bet 1/2 pot bet.

Regarding your second question? No, you aren't committed to the pot. you don't have to shove the rest of you money in.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your opponent looks like a tag so far and will likely call your 3bet with a range like

88-QQ, AQ, maybe other broadways if he's bad, maybe KK-AA if he feels trappy, maybe smaller pocket pairs if he "setmines" too much.

Since the flop is not that scary for him (no A, no K, no Q), just a c-bet might not be able to get him off anything except some underpairs and AQ. Other broadways have either a pair or an OESD and probably won't fold to just one bet. By shoving the turn you will likely make him fold everything but TT+ and possibly Jx or KQ if he has those hands.

Bottom line is, if he calls with a lot of broadways, you want to c/f more, if he calls with all pocket pairs, you want to c-bet flop more. Shoving the turn is even trickier, you need to know what he can call your c-bet with but will fold to a turn shove, and decide if that part of his range is big enough for you to try and make him fold those hands.

Unless you are able to better define the hands he calls your 3bet with, you don't know how much of his range you can actually make him fold on the flop and on the turn. I'm assuming at this level people should tend to call too much with pocket pairs and play "fit or fold" postflop, so i would likely c-bet that flop to make him fold all his pocket pairs and then c/f the turn. c/f the flop is safer and probably not a mistake without reads if you're not comfortable c-betting or think he doesn't like to fold on the flop.

Hope it helps.