$2.72
      SB:
      $0.35
      BB:
      $0.77
      MP2:
      $1.80

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.29) J, Q, T (2 players)
      CO checks, [COLOR=red]Hero ???[/color]

I know that there's a flushdraw, but would checking on the flop be a good decision? 2/3 pot sized bed would get a call from flushdraw anyways.
  • 4 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      You hit the nutz, do you want to build up the pot and extract value from worse hands/draws? YES! so bet the flop and others streets.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I know, but if you bet everyone might fold while you may get a bet on the turn from CO if you check on the turn. That's the whole idea of slowplaying, I'd think. Only question is when should you slowplay?
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Slowplaying might get you sucked out, and you lose value from their draws or pairs... the pot is so small that you won't get paid off. Especially if the turn comes a K or A... he won't bet or call anymore if he doesn't have the straight, and you'll be splitting if he did.

I only slowplay hands that cannot lose... a straight can still lose on this board.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Slowplaying is generally a good idea when you have a very good hand on a board where it is hard for your opponent to have anything else. Say you have AA on a A72 rainbow flop, unless he has exactly 77 22 or the last A, he can't put any more money in unless he is bluffing. In this case most of his range is air, which makes it profitable for you to try and give him a chance to bluff.

Here your opponent is a shortstack, so he will likely stack off with any made hand he has, and the flop could have given him a lot of worse hands : he could have a flushdraw, any Tx, any Jx, any Qx, any Kx for an OESD and so on. You will get called by worse, so just bet out and get it in. If he doesn't have anything he likely won't make any move on a flop that scary, and if he happens to have the flush draw you want to bet out now. If you don't, he will bet the turn when you're beat, and check again if he is still drawing, so your situation won't get any better.

Hope it helps.