[NL2-NL10] NL50 - 77 second pair

• Smileyphil
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $3.00, MP2 folds, SB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.50) 4:club: , 6:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB raises to $6.50 (All-In), Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($19.50) 9:heart:
      River: ($19.50) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.50

This is the second of my two pair hands to post. Few thoughts:
      - After he checks should I cbet all in instead of $4. At the time I didn't notice that he was shorter than me.
      - I think its pretty unlikely that he has a 9 so can I provisionally assume I am ahead here? (Doesn't actually matter because I would shove for cbet or as played I have equity) But what I am saying is if he raised my cbet bigger could I still call and generally be ahead?
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      Technically according to SSS we should shove here anyway, Our cbet is half our stack so we're very easily committed and we should just shove for the extra FE we get with our range and all that shizniz. We want our range to be totally balanced so we want max FE with all of our holdings.

This is somewhere I'm a bit naughty though, I sometimes cbet $4 in order to mindfuck Villains into pushing or calling weak holdings against me. The bad players don't realise I'm pot committed thus shoving for FE and the better players think I'm a retard for making such a small bet when I'm pot committed and level themselves into a shove with nothing.

Thats what I think happens anyway, Feel free to disagree with me guys!
    • dandycal
      I think on NL50 there are still too few thinking players, so that betting less often works pretty fine and can get you some extra value.

In this hand I see SB mostly calling pf with PPs and broadways (thought it's hard to predict since the sample is way too small), so I think you are ahead most of the times.
      I'd go for the direct push on flop even if he wasn't so short stacked, given he is neraly unknown.
    • Gerv
      19/4 lol I put him all-in postflop, let him make the decision and not us ;)

- Gerv