This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Kk

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Known players:      
      SB:
      $2.15
      BB:
      $2.04
      Hero:
      $5.26

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) Q:club: , 9:club: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.34, SB folds, BB calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.92) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.28, Hero raises to $1.48, BB raises to $1.62 (All-In), Hero calls $0.14.

River: ($4.16) J:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.16

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ks Kh)
      BB shows a straight flush, kings high (Kc Tc)

BB wins with a straight flush, kings high (Kc Tc)

How should I interpret his 1/3 of the pot bet on the turn? Is he more likely haing a quean or is he having a completed flush? I was thinking that he didn't complete his flush yet, so raised much to protect my overpair. Maybe I had to fold, because my hand wasn't a monster, and I should not make such big pots with hands like this.
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      (I haven't seen the results yet)

Considering the limit, your hand on this board is the nuts. It is VERY HARD to flop a flush but EASY to hit his FD on later streets. Make him pay for his draw.

On flop raise 2x or 3x his bet + current pot size = 0.24+0.36 = 0.60

As played, notice how with your raise he gets 0.22/0.92 = 24% pot odds to call which is pretty nice if you have a FD. His implied aren't that great because there will be 4 clubs if he hits but he prob doesnt notice this.

I would shove turn, any less amount is just better for his draw odds. If he flopped a flush not much you can do, but you will recover the losses from this hand in the cases where they hold a FD, Q, TJ, etc

Make a note that he bet/calls 1/3pot with nuts oop (Saw the results)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      (I haven't seen the results yet)

Considering the limit, your hand on this board is the nuts. It is VERY HARD to flop a flush but EASY to hit his FD on later streets. Make him pay for his draw.

On flop raise 2x or 3x his bet + current pot size = 0.24+0.36 = 0.60

As played, notice how with your raise he gets 0.22/0.92 = 24% pot odds to call which is pretty nice if you have a FD. His implied aren't that great because there will be 4 clubs if he hits but he prob doesnt notice this.

I would shove turn, any less amount is just better for his draw odds. If he flopped a flush not much you can do, but you will recover the losses from this hand in the cases where they hold a FD, Q, TJ, etc

Make a note that he bet/calls 1/3pot with nuts oop (Saw the results)
      this :)

Im shipping turn too