Known players:      
      SB:
      $2.15
      BB:
      $2.04
      Hero:
      $5.26

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) Q:club: , 9:club: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.34, SB folds, BB calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.92) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.28, Hero raises to $1.48, BB raises to $1.62 (All-In), Hero calls $0.14.

River: ($4.16) J:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.16

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ks Kh)
      BB shows a straight flush, kings high (Kc Tc)

BB wins with a straight flush, kings high (Kc Tc)

How should I interpret his 1/3 of the pot bet on the turn? Is he more likely haing a quean or is he having a completed flush? I was thinking that he didn't complete his flush yet, so raised much to protect my overpair. Maybe I had to fold, because my hand wasn't a monster, and I should not make such big pots with hands like this.
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      (I haven't seen the results yet)

Considering the limit, your hand on this board is the nuts. It is VERY HARD to flop a flush but EASY to hit his FD on later streets. Make him pay for his draw.

On flop raise 2x or 3x his bet + current pot size = 0.24+0.36 = 0.60

As played, notice how with your raise he gets 0.22/0.92 = 24% pot odds to call which is pretty nice if you have a FD. His implied aren't that great because there will be 4 clubs if he hits but he prob doesnt notice this.

I would shove turn, any less amount is just better for his draw odds. If he flopped a flush not much you can do, but you will recover the losses from this hand in the cases where they hold a FD, Q, TJ, etc

Make a note that he bet/calls 1/3pot with nuts oop (Saw the results)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      (I haven't seen the results yet)

Considering the limit, your hand on this board is the nuts. It is VERY HARD to flop a flush but EASY to hit his FD on later streets. Make him pay for his draw.

On flop raise 2x or 3x his bet + current pot size = 0.24+0.36 = 0.60

As played, notice how with your raise he gets 0.22/0.92 = 24% pot odds to call which is pretty nice if you have a FD. His implied aren't that great because there will be 4 clubs if he hits but he prob doesnt notice this.

I would shove turn, any less amount is just better for his draw odds. If he flopped a flush not much you can do, but you will recover the losses from this hand in the cases where they hold a FD, Q, TJ, etc

Make a note that he bet/calls 1/3pot with nuts oop (Saw the results)
      this :)

Im shipping turn too