I don't think im alone on this

• RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      Firstly, I don't want this to be a rant, I want it to be a genuine discussion about the situation i'm about to outline, and that is the age old untracked accounts. Now I KNOW I KNOW that you can't retrack accounts and such like but I really believe it to be an absolute travesty and a hinderance to my progression that because i'm tied to Mansion for my points that I cannot access articles that would otherwise be available to me as a result of the volume of my play on Pokerstars.

Pokerstars is by far and away the place I like to play at the most, I returned to Mansion recently for a bonus and got some strategy points at the same time etc etc but I did not enjoy my time over there at all so I 100% won't be returning.

Is there potential for another way of earning the right to view these articles for the many many users out there that play from untracked account due to bad experiences on poor sites based on decisions we made way back when this was all new and the significance of the choice in site didn't seem so apparent??

It's just really frustrating I have to say. I know i'm not alone. ?(
  • 14 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RavForenzo I know i'm not alone. ?(
      No...you're not alone.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      There is no other way. You have to play on a tracked account to earn the points.

If you don't have an account on FullTilt you could try that site. I like it. Or if you do have an account there PartyPoker improved their software a lot recently so you could also give Party a shot.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      You could always register an account at pokerstars in your parents/friends or siblings name...riskey though....
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello RavForenzo,

Of course you are not alone in this, as there are plenty of users with untracked PokerStars accounts that would like to play tracked. Some of them are even Supernova Elite there and would easily be Black Members if they were tracked. Nonetheless it is not a decision that we as PokerStrategy.com can make - as we have tried to press the topic with PokerStars several times.

It is wrong to say that you are absolutely tied to Mansion for your StrategyPoints though. We have 13 other partner rooms aside from PokerStars & Mansion which you can play at in order to earn StrategyPoints; http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

So while you might also have untracked accounts at some or many of these; we are always working on providing our members many different options at which to play. Depending on the limits and formats you are playing some of these will or will not be very viable alternatives to PokerStars. So while we will continue looking for solutions to the PokerStars tracking issue, it is essentially up to you to decide where you want to play and what decisions will help you progress the most.

From my personal viewpoint as a player; I really like PokerStars myself and even have a tracked account there - but haven't played there for several months now since I am enjoying my time at other sites. So while I understand your frustration about it- it really isn't as if there weren't other alternatives.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      Thanks for your articulate and diplomatic response Soy. Unfortunately, im one of those 'tried em all rinsed the bonus' kind of player and have accounts at just about every single site going, Full Tilt / Party / All of the above mentioned, and im only left with the scraping the barrel type sites which don't have the kind of traffic i'm after.

'Tis a shame indeed.

Ah well.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RavForenzo
      Thanks for your articulate and diplomatic response Soy. Unfortunately, im one of those 'tried em all rinsed the bonus' kind of player and have accounts at just about every single site going, Full Tilt / Party / All of the above mentioned, and im only left with the scraping the barrel type sites which don't have the kind of traffic i'm after.

'Tis a shame indeed.

Ah well.
      Why are you trying to push the boundaries? You know its not gonna happen so stop wasting everybodies time.

:s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      never know unless you ask.

I'm sure I ready somewhere round these parts that people had stars accounts re-tracked. But that was probs a while a go and they were the lucky few.

:D
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RavForenzo
      never know unless you ask.

I'm sure I ready somewhere round these parts that people had stars accounts re-tracked. But that was probs a while a go and they were the lucky few.

:D
      Maybe this is worth a try , I joined :
      Retrack Poker Stars
    • JVV
      JVV
      Bronze
      Hi

Can anyone tell me way pokerstars refuseses to retrack accounts.

Thanks in advance

JVV
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      I am happy with my untracked stars account. No afilitate I have to share my info with. And as independent every time I comunicate with support I can tell them my account is not tracked and they should be more polite to me and in fact they are very profesional. And if you have many points here you can buy one of many books. And have you seen content in full tilt academy? I dont think not having pokerstrategy tracked account is the think you should cry every day.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alafoe
      I am happy with my untracked stars account. No afilitate I have to share my info with. And as independent every time I comunicate with support I can tell them my account is not tracked and they should be more polite to me and in fact they are very profesional.
      As the PokerStars support is very professional, they are polite to every customer, no matter on whom he's tracked.

Most affiliates even have CPA deals with PokerStars so after that initial payment, there is no difference anyways.

Plus the poker rooms acknowledge that earning StrategyPoints and thus having access to stuff and services here at PokerStrategy.com improves the player and thus his playing volume / loyalty.

And if you have many points here you can buy one of many books. And have you seen content in full tilt academy? I dont think not having pokerstrategy tracked account is the think you should cry every day.
      If you really think the content of Full Tilt Academy is comparable to our's - then I understand why you don't miss being tracked ;)

And books have better content than FT Academy, but are in no way multimedial or offer advanced services such as professional hand judgement forums.
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      If you want to hear me I do think its in some points better then here. In videos you can i.e. watch Omaha $5/$10 in basic level in academy. And here? Diamond status? In academy you can watch $1/$2 NL and here gold status maybe.

And I do like theyr videos better. Not grinding five tables but really reading oponents actions.

True is they dont offer so much content like this site. BUT started half year ago...
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alafoe
      And if you have many points here you can buy one of many books. And have you seen content in full tilt academy? I dont think not having pokerstrategy tracked account is the think you should cry every day.
      Hey Alafoe,

The Full Tilt acadamy doesn't offer coachings, or articles that are as indepth as PokerStrategys. Most the stuff they try and teach is basic as it trys to get fish to join the site and try and learn how to play - ofcourse they will improve but not as much if they came here.

Not only that but i watched a video where Chris Ferguson advised a min raise from Early Positions :D . He had some theory behind it, but i think on NL1k and below it wont be effective ;)

Oh and like you said, the acadmy offers 5$/10$ vids at the most basic vids where as you have to unlock the here. Well whats the point of watching a $5/$10 vid when you could be playing 0.25$/0.50$. A lot of the concepts just dont apply. But like you said, they can be fun and interesting to watch.

Regards,

-Jack
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Think about this. You are running a poker site. A player signs up without any affiliates so ALL rake from the player goes to you. Would you accept if someone, for example PS.com, comes and say OK this player is registered in our web site and we demand a part of his rake from you. Basically this is the case with PS.com. Why should/would a poker site share its profit with a website which did not help this player when signing up.