This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Quick NL2 question.

• 6 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi Heffron89,

You can buy in for either $2 or $5, depending on what you like.

$2 is fine because its 100bb (make sure to rebuy) and this is what the BSS is designed for ;)

But if you are confident with deepstack play then $5 would be ok because you can gain a lot more potential value from your monsters.

-Jack
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      You should aim for $5 to maximise ur value and because often enough person who has learned and read strategy (!!) is capable of beating NL2 with no problem.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr
      You should aim for $5 to maximise ur value and because often enough person who has learned and read strategy (!!) is capable of beating NL2 with no problem.
      Ya pretty much - But i forgot to mention only do it if you have the proper BRM for $5 stacks ;)

-Jack
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      How can you buy in for $5?

Isn't the maximum buy in 100x BB which is only $2?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      How can you buy in for $5?

Isn't the maximum buy in 100x BB which is only $2?
      im not sure hows it on other sites, but on Stars you can buy in to 5$ on NL2 and to 10$ on NL5.. =)
    • Djvandal
      Djvandal
      Bronze
      every site ive played on (never played on stars) unless deepstacked table max bi is 100bb so nl2 = $2 Nl4 =$4 as far as i know thats were the nameing comes from (could be wrong)
      but yes if following proper brm and confident in your BSS play $5 will maximize rewards but at same time maximize risk its your call wichever you are comfortable with if you do decide to go the $5 route reading the guide on playing deepstacked cant hurt at all :)

i would also worry that some of the tactics used for BSS would not work well @ NL2 or 4 I honestly have no experience useing BSS at these levels but while you would have fold equity i think there are too many players who cannot lay a hand down at these levels but someone with experience in this area would know better :)