Quick NL2 question.

• 6 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi Heffron89,

You can buy in for either $2 or $5, depending on what you like.

$2 is fine because its 100bb (make sure to rebuy) and this is what the BSS is designed for ;)

But if you are confident with deepstack play then $5 would be ok because you can gain a lot more potential value from your monsters.

-Jack
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      You should aim for $5 to maximise ur value and because often enough person who has learned and read strategy (!!) is capable of beating NL2 with no problem.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr
      You should aim for $5 to maximise ur value and because often enough person who has learned and read strategy (!!) is capable of beating NL2 with no problem.
      Ya pretty much - But i forgot to mention only do it if you have the proper BRM for $5 stacks ;)

-Jack
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      How can you buy in for $5?

Isn't the maximum buy in 100x BB which is only $2?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      How can you buy in for $5?

Isn't the maximum buy in 100x BB which is only $2?
      im not sure hows it on other sites, but on Stars you can buy in to 5$ on NL2 and to 10$ on NL5.. =)
    • Djvandal
      Djvandal
      Bronze
      every site ive played on (never played on stars) unless deepstacked table max bi is 100bb so nl2 = $2 Nl4 =$4 as far as i know thats were the nameing comes from (could be wrong)
      but yes if following proper brm and confident in your BSS play $5 will maximize rewards but at same time maximize risk its your call wichever you are comfortable with if you do decide to go the $5 route reading the guide on playing deepstacked cant hurt at all :)

i would also worry that some of the tactics used for BSS would not work well @ NL2 or 4 I honestly have no experience useing BSS at these levels but while you would have fold equity i think there are too many players who cannot lay a hand down at these levels but someone with experience in this area would know better :)