Should I quit SSS

• lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I play a reasonable SSS well so I thought, I use hand ranges and the equailitor to get all in decisions.
      But well as you can see, its not working, note the allin ev line. Could varience be the cause or am i seriously doing something wrong.

• 12 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you are actually running over EV

so review your game or quit SSS. or both.
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      Do you use theory from gold articles? Cause I dont know what hand ranges and equilator stuff you are doing, but if you are not using the information given in gold articles you ain't gonna beat NL200
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Table Selection is Key. Posting Hands is key, Analysing Showdown and Non-Showdown pots may be useful. Are you playing scared, are you folding to floats too much, are you failing to balance your lines? It can take 100k hands for luck to balance out sometimes, Variance is likely playing a part because you have only played 13k hands after all.

Your All-In EV line is the really scary thing. Its an astronomical -5BB/100 line. Second half doesn't look too bad but I'd advice having a quick break from NL200 SSS to recoup your thoughts and look through all past hands using HM. Some stats might be useful to look at as well as your SD and Non-SD winnings as well as your Performance at NL100.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Table Selection is Key. Posting Hands is key, Analysing Showdown and Non-Showdown pots may be useful. Are you playing scared, are you folding to floats too much, are you failing to balance your lines? It can take 100k hands for luck to balance out sometimes, Variance is likely playing a part because you have only played 13k hands after all.

Your All-In EV line is the really scary thing. Its an astronomical -5BB/100 line. Second half doesn't look too bad but I'd advice having a quick break from NL200 SSS to recoup your thoughts and look through all past hands using HM. Some stats might be useful to look at as well as your SD and Non-SD winnings as well as your Performance at NL100.
      Thanks for the input, I have reviewed some hands and checked my showdown/non showdown and I was ok on showdown but heavly spewing money in non showdown pots.
      I looked more closely and I found that I have been steeling from the button with a smaller raise, which I though would be fine but I checked and I have been getting 3 bet often.

My non showdown winnings was dropping like a stone. I have made my steeling raise the same as my open raise unless the villan has like 85%+ fold to steel stats.

Another big leak I have found is I have been calling 3 bets lite. For instance On many occasion I will raise in MP with JJ and get 3 bet by co. I call and they show KK+ most of the time. Now If I had just checked the 3bet stat I would see they only 3 bet like 2% of hands.

I have now added that stat to my hud. Before you worry I have big hand samples on most players(Often 20k+)
      I have played a few hands and the chart is starting to look better, non showdown hands is actually going up, I dont expect that to last or should I?
      EV line is starting to turn. I will try and grind out 3-4k hands today and see how things have changed.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I found I had some 6max hands in there as well mesing things up.
      Once I overlayed my showdown and non showdown lines it became so clear that my Allin EV line was in fact ok, still down but ok. The non showdown was so bad it draged it way down.

I have played about another 1200 hands or so, being more aggressive and stealing with more success, not checking small made hands but not letting them get out of hand either.

Note the last 1200 hands is where I have made the improvements, also not the non showdown line(Blue)

Thanks DaPhunk, it was so obvious but sometimes you need some one to push you in the right direction. Oh and my NL100 non showdown does not look like it does in this chart, I must have changed something but back on track. Bank is ok and tomorrow I should recieve a good wack of RB.

All I need to do now is get my EV line above my non showdown line and I will be much happier.(Infact if I look at my July only chart is has just creeped over.
      Anyway here is the chart.

• Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      i quit sss at the start of this month
      since then ive been playing bss and that had me enjoying the game once again :f_biggrin:
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I quit SSS like after a month of recieving the starting capital, it seemed too much like flipping coins pf and you can't really put your skill to good use.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Well you change a few small things and run hot for a while and look what can happen...

• Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Your All-in EV graph is still very disturbing, although nice upswing there :p
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Its not disturbing after i made the changes at around 13500 hands
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      That graph and others like it are impossible to read if you are daltonic
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Yes you might struggle a bit, but im counting on people not being colour blind :D