rauns gourmet sss-poker (on break)

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Hi my name is rasmus and i have been playing regular poker for a month now approx but on and off i have been playing poker much longer on a less serius level.

my 2 biggest hobbies are good food and poker and i don't want this to be just another poker thread among the many others so i have given this a twist, hence gourmet poker.

i will try to combine the 2 a little bit in the blog like: what snack goes well with aces?
      no just kidding, but i will get a bit into food as well as it is a big interest for me so if i stumple upon something rly nice i will post a link.

i play NL25 atm 12-15 tables at the time and i make a profit.

last month i tried out nl100 and here is what happened (the big rice and the big fall):

so i cashed out most of my BR and started over with a small amount on nl25 where i still am today.

i feel my game is still quite basic and very dependant on charts e.g. the reraise chart and also a resteal chart. but i try to think for myself and also to analyze my game and post hands in the sample hands forum.

my goals for july is:

-grind the rest of the 100$ bonus i am grinding atm.

-grind a 100$ bonus i have waiting at full tilt.

-move to and get a good feel for nl50 maybe even nl100.

-watch at least 8 videos (2 each week)

- reread how to play against other sss players and get better at this! i often forget to look at the stacksize. :(

-learn about tableselection and how to do that

- read all the opponent profiles articles (1 each week)

- bring my BR to min. 600$

- try to make my own champagne, i will get back to you on this once i find out if it is too hard or not.

current BR: 162$
  • 23 replies
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      so the recipe for champagne is simple enough but i didnt consider that i would have to go out and buy a lot of bottles so i think i am just gonna put the idea on rest for now but if anybody should be interested here is the recipe:

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall/elderflower-champagne-recipe_p_1.html
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      so, today pp changed their fr tables from 10 man to 9 man.

being the conservative man that i am who by default thinks every change is bad change i hate it!

at first i was worried that it would mess my pt3 hud completely up up it was quite easy to fix so at least that wasnt so bad.

but it will definately take some getting used to only 2 early positions.

ah well im changing poker site soon anyway. and on a positive side this will prepare a bit for ftp where the fr tables are also 9man.

i havent played many hands today but i watched a xarry vid and read the new nl gold articles. the one about tag fish was quite interesting and i must admit i am a little bit of a tag fish myself except that i am trying to learn and improve. i will try out BBS pretty soon and when i move to nl50 i will play less tables. but as i am grinding bonus atm and feel quite confident at this limit i think i will grind a bit more.

here is a graph of today, i made a few mistakes and might have tilted a tiny bit from the annoyance of the new changes:

'

current br: 152,5$
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      GL! Where are you from?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks mate

from Denmark :)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      day 2 of this blog

i had a rough day today.

i have been watching a few movies and reading quite a few articles and i thought it was time to give it a go.

but i was allready on a semi tilt at this point (i think i was tired cause i hadn't slept much tonight) and it just went to hell. made a lot of mistakes and was really unsure about how to play.

so i put it aside for a while, and took a nap :)

i went back later today and played some sss instead and it went okay and i won back some of what i had lost. and while i was playing i actually felt my sss game had improved from some of what i had learned from bbs articles and vids. e.g. isolation raises of callingstations.

i definately need to work more on opponent profiles and putting them on hand ranges as this is my biggest leak atm.

here is a graph of today:

so not really the start i had hoped for for the blog but im not too worried. it will turn around again.

nothing new to report on the gourmet side

current br: 142$
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      here are some stats and graphs on my game:

not sure what to make of this graph tbh.

and my stats:

i would love some feedback but as far as i can tell they look quite standard for a sss player
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      barbequed shami kebabs tonight with some couscous and spinash and limejuice on the side. was great! :D

unfortunately i had another bad day in poker so far but it can still change and i feel i have played close to my a game. just got called on too many sc pushes and lost and stuff like that.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      the last few days have been quite break-even and i have been a little bored tbh.

i have almost reached my first goal of:

-grind the rest of the 100$ bonus i am grinding atm.

at partypoker.

so i will be moving to full tilt soon and i have downloaded the software and had a look.

an avg. nl25 table at partypoker has ~7 shortstackers and 2 big stackers or something like that.

an avg table on full tilt has ~2 shortstackers and 7 bigstackers.

so i believe i will be much more profitable at full tilt.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      finally finished grinding the 100$ bonus which bring my pp acount to 222$. i have to admit i tilted a bit towards the end.

so to sum up on my goals so far

- grind the rest of the 100$ bonus i am grinding atm. CHECK

- watch at least 8 videos (2 each week) UNDONE
      (so far i have watched 2)

- reread how to play against other sss players and get better at this! i often forget to look at the stacksize. CHECK allthough i could still improve a lot on this

-learn about tableselection and how to do that. CHECK

- read all the opponent profiles articles (1 each week) UNDONE, read 1

- bring my BR to min. 600$ UNDONE atm its at 222$ but now im gonna start playing at my ftp account which has 130$ on it. so i will just start over

current BR:
      pp:220$
      ftp: 130$
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      graph so far for july (not looking super good but at least i cleared the bonus so add 100$)

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      update on the gourmet front.

made grilled chicken filet with parma ham and parmasan and lime zest and spiced with fresh thymes and pepper.

very simple and very nice. served with some leftover couscous and a mint/lime youghurt dip.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hey my friend!

I'll comment on your blog since you commented on mine :) First, I really love the idea of combining food and poker. My wife and I are both real foodies. Loving your descriptions...

I'm not the most successful SSS player either, but from looking at your stats I noticed a few things. (you asked for feedback, so....)

Your cbet stat is 46%. This seems quite low to me. Maybe I misread it, but it looks like you're c-betting less than half the flops after you raised preflop. I would expect it to be quite a lot more than this. So maybe you're missing opportunity to take some pots down by not c-betting if you didn't hit? My cbet is around 65%. Basically, I almost always c-bet unless I'm up against 2 opponents and i have trash hand, as per articles

Finally, your fold to 3bet is quite high, around 80%. I don't know what it should be (mine around but your pfr looks tight to me, so I'm surprised you'd be folding that often to 3bets.

Just a few thoughts and I may well be wrong...

All the best,
      Tim
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Hi tim :)

you make some good points. have have been wondering about most of it myself but while playing i feel that i am playing quite correctly. i do fold to 3bets quite often.

my call 3bet range is something like this:

EP: QQ+, AKs
      MP: JJ+, AKo, AKs
      LP: 99+, AJ+

might be that i steal too loosely from co and maybe from bu too so that i often have to fold to 3bet's there.

OOP i cbet almost every flop
      IP i cbet when i think i am ahead or when i think my opponent will fold often. so if i havent picked up a hand and i am up against a person who cant fold a hand i wont bother make a cbet.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Welcome on FullTilt I guess :)

How many tables are you playing simultaneously?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks gerv :) well on pp i played 12-15 usually. but atm i only play 4 at full tilt to get used to it. i am not sure if i want to go back to playing so many tables cause it really has huge disadvantages.
      maybe once i get used to ftp i will try to play 6 tables or something like that for a while and see how much it improves my game
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      so i have arrived at my promised land ftp now and i gotta say so far its looking good :D

i have only played a few hundred hands yet and havent made any profit yet (been sucked out a few times) but the tables are crammed with big stacked fish and it makes me happy panda.

once i have played a few more hands here i will post some graphs and statistics
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      (been sucked out a few times) .. me a happy panda.

Sorry :rolleyes:
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv

Sorry :rolleyes:
      silence!!! i kill you!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      time for an update:

poker front:

i have played almost 500 hands on ftp now. and have made an amazing profit of 0.73$ hehe. here is a graph:

i have been watching some sh videos lately and i think it looks really interesting.

i will watch most the videos in bronze and silver just to get a feel for low limit sh and then i will give it a try .

until then i will play a max of 6 tables nl25 sss to get more used to make player reads and notes and play by them instead of just grinding many tables and playing very abc.

on the gourmet front:

made a very simple snow crab dish today which has left me farting constantly ever since. the crab didnt smell like fish but like sea and it tasted fine so there should be nothing wrong with it as far as i can tell :s_confused:

anyway it was just snowcrab, lemonzest,lemonjuice, chili, garlic, oliveoil and pasta
      and it honestly tasted great.