[NL20-NL50] NL50 HU : KK vs fish (deepstack)

• CrippleAlex
      CrippleAlex
      Bronze
      This table is SH deepstack and I was in HU against a really fishy player which call any sb in SH deep and fold raise or call with horrible cards etc ... etc ...

I decided to stay at the table because of his weakness.

Hero : 100€
      Fish : 77.5€

Hero is button with K :heart: K :club:

Hero raises 1.5, Fish raises 4.5, Hero raises 14.5

Flop (29) : A :heart: A :diamond: T :club:

Fish bets 9, Hero calls 9

Turn (47) : 6 :diamond:
      Fish bets 17 : Hero raises all in 37.5....
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

One of the great laws of poker, the flop always comes A-high when you have KK :)

Really hard to say as we know nothing about his postflop tendencies. There are players to whom you would never fold KK in that spot, and others against whom you can dump it instantly. If he calls everything preflop but only bets when he hits postflop you probably don't want to stack off here with KK. Yes it's unlikely he has an A and if he doesn't you're way ahead, but bad players tend to be scared of the A when they don't have it and you need to have a good read that he would bet and call a shove with Tx or JJ-QQ there to warrant stacking off with KK, if he even flats those preflop to your 4bet.

Calling the flop is probably fine, it's cheap and all. The turn is a committing bet and without a better read i would probably pitch it at this point. His line looks more and more like he's milking you.

Since it's a deep table you can always rebuy to 200bb to play deep stacked with him, so it's not like that money is lost to you by any mean.

Hope it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he likely has there ace, so I prefer folding turn, rather than shoving
    • gudalemandele
      gudalemandele
      Bronze
      I think it's impossible to judge by his betting sizes alone. Knowing your opponent is crucial here.

The 1/3 bets usually means he is very weak or very strong.

Since he leads out on both flop and turn he either has a read on you or he's got the ace.

I would either let it go immediately, since the call on the flop basically says "I have KK/QQ/JJ", or I'd raise to 30(ex.) and save some money. But it really depends on the opponent.