Stack
      BB:
      $25,00
      CO:
      $25,00
      Hero:
      $26,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , 8:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      CO checks, Hero raises to $0,85, SB folds, BB calls $0,60, CO folds.

Flop: ($2,05) 2:spade: , 7:heart: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,50, BB raises to $4,50, Hero calls $3,00.

Turn: ($11,05) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7,50, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $11,05

no read on villian, I decided to call this raise, as he could do it with many draws, and revaluate turn. as he checks to me I think I have no choise but bet right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your raise should be bigger preflop, as CO posted another blind, make it $1.25.

On the flop with TPTK and the Ah you can call his raise. This is a steal situation 4-handed, he could be pure bluffing as well as semibluffing with some draws or bare overcards, especially since you gave him a great price to stick around with lots of hands, so he could try and salvage his air by bluffing. He could also have a set or even 99 of course.

If you don't think he's the kind of player to try and make moves in that situation, then you're likely up against sets that have you crushed and semibluffs that have a lot of equity against you, meaning your situation wouldn't be so good, and giving it up in that case is fine too.

As played when the turn blanks off and he checks again, he might be going for a double check/raise with the hands that beat you, but he could also lead into you with those hands. So most of his checking range at these stakes should be bluffs or semibluffs giving up if they don't get a free card.

By checking behind you will allow him to draw out but avoid getting stacked by better hands, and by betting you will prevent him from drawing but end up committing yourself against his better hands. I still think betting is the right choice once you put him on a draw on the flop and the turn bricks, tho you do have to understand that once you bet, you will get odds of more than 3:1 to call a shove, meaning you will have to call it off on the off chance that he's still semibluffing.

Hope it helps.