[NL2-NL10] AJ, nl25 sh

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , J:heart:
      MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, BU calls $1,25, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,10) J:club: , 2:heart: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,10) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,50, BU raises to $2,30 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back..

River: ($11,70) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11,70

I felt he has K but as he is shortstack I think I couldnt play it other way?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Since you hit 2PTK and your opponent only has a little over a potsize bet left your aren't folding. You only need to be concerned about the best way to get him to put his money in with worse hands. He could still have a dominated Jx, a pocket pair he isn't ready to give up on or some kind of draw with like QT that he won't fold.

His stats don't mean much at the moment given the sample size, still he doesn't seem to be aggressive, so doing the betting for him is likely fine. Given that you'll be committed on any turn card, you might want to bet a little less on the flop, to make him think he can possibly get you to fold your hand by shoving over your c-bet.

Since the board is dry, against more aggressive shortstackers you might even consider checking that flop to them, as some of them will simply shove the rest of their stack in with any 2 cards every single time you do that, figuring you don't have much and they can push you off it.

Hope it helps.