[NL2-NL10] JJ nl25 sh

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,60) 5:club: , 4:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,75, MP3 calls $1,75.

Turn: ($6,10) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,50, MP3 calls $3,50.

River: ($13,10) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,75, MP3 calls $2,75.

Final Pot: $18,60

With this calling station I think I play it correctly? or not? ;p
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

Make it even bigger preflop, try 4bb + 1bb for the limper + 1bb for being out of position. You could probably go even higher since that player likely won't care, and you almost always have the best hand going to the flop.

The flop is fine.

The turn is obviously thinner but since that guy plays 70% of his hands, he could easily have a stubborn pocket pair, 5x/4x, A2/A3 for a gutshot+overcard, 32s for an OESD, a randomly picked up a flushdraw too, and probably stuff we can't even fathom yet. So there is value, I like the bet.

Value betting the river with 3rd pair is probably pushing it tho, even calling stations have their limits. There are no more draws (that didn't hit or miss already) he can call with, and with 2 overcards and 3-to-a-flush on the board, I think you end up mostly getting called down by Kx or better at that point. Since his aggression is minimal, you can likely take a showdown without having to blockbet here. It probably isn't a mistake either, just a gray area on which you might want to cut down the variance a bit until he proves to you he can indeed call down with 4x all the way to the showdown.

Hope it helps.
    • Macias09
      I'm really impressed by all Your evaluations. Thank You.