Stack
      SB:
      $225.18
      MP1:
      $50.00
      Hero:
      $65.84

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , K:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, BU folds, SB calls $4.25, BB folds, MP1 calls $3.00.

Flop: ($14.00) 2:spade: , K:spade: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $12.00, SB calls $12.00, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($38.00) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $49.34 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $87.34

vs crazy player I dont want him to suckout so I just shove turn but Im pretty sure its not the correct play...
  • 9 replies
    • CrippleAlex
      CrippleAlex
      Bronze
      I would bet 19 turn / call shove, et call/shove any river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      28-30$ imo is enough to bet/call turn
      if you overbet it is hard him to call with draws or worse made hands
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      #1, extract value from draws, he will only get the spade 1 in 5 times.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timkroes
      #1, extract value from draws, he will only get the spade 1 in 5 times.
      Dam, I just realized this. Thanks!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Thanks,

What would be the "breakeven" bet to equal his implied odds if he has A :spade: for example?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Thanks,

What would be the "breakeven" bet to equal his implied odds if he has A :spade: for example?
      there are 14 spades, since you hold set he could also hold there 3 :spade: , you still loose to flush if it hits and you doesn´t improve to full house
      If he holds A :spade: he has 10 outs that would improve his hand (14-2 :spade: -K :spade: -6 :spade: -3 :spade:)
      there are still 44 cards (52-8) left in the deck, so he needs to get 44/10= 4.4:1 pot odds to call that bet, which means that bet shouldn´t be more than 18,5% of pot size (that is 18,5*38= 7,03$. If he counts some implied odds, then I think you can also bet 10$ and still gain value
      Correct me at any point if I made some mistake :)
      But betting that small is not best idea, because you want to get his stack with top set on drawy board and best to do that is bet bigger.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Thanks,

there are 14 spades, since you hold set he could also hold there 3 :spade: , you still loose to flush if it hits and you doesn´t improve to full house
      If he holds A :spade: he has 10 outs that would improve his hand (14-2 :spade: -K :spade: -6 :spade: -3 :spade:)
      there are still 44 cards (52-8) left in the deck, so he needs to get 44/10= 4.4:1 pot odds to call that bet, which means that bet shouldn´t be more than 18,5% of pot size (that is 18,5*38= 7,03$. If he counts some implied odds, then I think you can also bet 10$ and still gain value
      But betting that small is not best idea, because you want to get his stack with top set on drawy board and best to do that is bet bigger.
      Im confused,

I think theres 13 spades and if he has As then theres 9 spades left minus the 3s that gives me a FH. So he has 8 spades * 2 = 16 + 1 = 17% chance to beat me.
      If we suppose he can get my full stack if he hits his flush, how much should I bet on turn to not give him correct implied(rest of my stack) odds?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks,

Im confused,

I think theres 13 spades and if he has As then theres 9 spades left minus the 3s that gives me a FH. So he has 8 spades * 2 = 16 + 1 = 17% chance to beat me.
      If we suppose he can get my full stack if he hits his flush, how much should I bet on turn to not give him correct implied(rest of my stack) odds?
      you´re not stacking off if there are four flushses and he decides to shove
      so betting there half potsize imo is enough for not giving him correct odds to hit his flush, since you´re not stackign off if flush hits and you don´t improve
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Its true, if 4-flush hits he can't stack me unless he makes it look like a crazy bluff =)