Hey there

• Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      I'm new here, and just received my starting capital 2 days ago. I've been playing poker for about 3 months, but never for money, my intention was to keep it at "hobby" level. However, things change and my passion grew, so I was very excited when I found your site.
      Since all my play experience was based on play money and freerolls, I was a little hesitant to enter the cash tables, but it seems to be working out well, for now. I have watched a very large number of poker shows and read pretty much everything I could find on the subject, but experience is key after all.
      My goal is to make $10 every day. More is always better, but after I make the initial ten I might take a break since I don't want to play for too long.
      I received my capital 2 days ago on FTP and my account is now at $70 precisely. I mainly play 0.02/0.05 and 0.05/0.1 tables, and the occasional tourney.
      I was thinking of entering those daily dollar tournaments on FTP, but I don't know how the play is there and if it's just a wasted dollar, or a real opportunity.
      Thanks and wish me luck :)
      PS: English is not my native language, so excuse any mistakes.
  • 14 replies
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello Razorel,

First of all, welcome to our forums. Since you are here to improve your game, I suggest that you take advantage of all our learning tools, especially the Strategy Articles, Instructional Videos and Coaching Sessions.
      If you say you received your starting capital on FTP, I would recommend going to the Full Tilt Poker Forum to discuss with fellow poker players about the platform and get some tips.
      Also, don't forget to post in the forums whenever you have a question, need advice or simply want to chat with fellow poker players.

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      Thanks, I am taking advantage of all the information :)
      I just won my first $1 SnG. :D I've never won any tournaments, and this has been my second Sng, so it's quite an accomplishment for me.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Razorel
      Thanks, I am taking advantage of all the information :)
      I just won my first $1 SnG. :D I've never won any tournaments, and this has been my second Sng, so it's quite an accomplishment for me.

That's great Razorel, many congratulations.

Keep up the good work. Keep learning and using the full facilities as laid out by vhallee, these are all great for refining your game and will ensure that you get maximum enjoyment and success from your poker.

Great work, keep it going :)

Bart
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      Won another $1 SnG, and finished 3rd in a $2 one, due to two unlucky river cards. All-in-all, I think it's going fine :D
      edit: I just finished 11-th in a 90 player $3 SnG. Why didn't I stay put for two more players to go out?
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Razorel
      Won another $1 SnG, and finished 3rd in a $2 one, due to two unlucky river cards. All-in-all, I think it's going fine :D
      edit: I just finished 11-th in a 90 player $3 SnG. Why didn't I stay put for two more players to go out?
      Just dont forget about Bankroll management.. :D
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      Yeah, it bit me in the ass and I'm down to $50, but I'm at the final table of a 27 person SnG, so I hope to make some of that back...
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Well, It's better to learn now than too late.

Good lUck!
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      Won another $4.5 from a $1 Sng, and cleared some of my bonus, so I'm back to $60.
      Also, a nice hand from today:D
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $14.72
      Hero:
      $2.74
      CO:
      $5.45

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 4:club: , 4:diamond:
      Hero calls $0.10, 4 folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 3:heart: , 7:heart: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.75) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.00, BB raises to $14.42 (All-In), Hero calls $1.44 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($5.63) Q:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $5.63

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, fours (4c 4d)
      BB shows a pair of sevens (7s 6c)

Hero wins with three of a kind, fours (4c 4d)
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello Razorel,

First of all, congratulations on your achievements - keep it up! :f_p:

Since you are already posting hands that you played (which is a great thing), I suggest you post them in the SnG Strategy Forums. Also, it would be even better to follow your progress by creating your own Poker Blog - this way, you can get feedback from other users as well.

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      Ok, this was a dumb day. I'm down to $20, and calling it a day, or I'll lose everything. Three times my AA were destroyed by 27,28, and 39, who all hit a FLUSH on the river. My straights were obliterated by magical full houses, also on the river. They always seem to hit their outers, while I'm left staring. And they always call, no matter what. WTF?? I hit a straight on the flop, go all-in, he calls with three sixes, and magically hits a jack for a full house. I'm coming back to poker in a week, I think
      Your elephant software doesn't seem to want to work anymore, or I'd post some hands. It tells me I need a new database (!?), but it can not create it. Not to mention that the HUD doesn't work on Full Tilt anymore, after the update. In turnaments my QQ was no good against pocket 2s.
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      I'll try again tomorrow, but in 0.02/0.05 limits, I think.
      Wish me luck :D
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      After going down to $17, I finally started playing good SSS, and I'm back up to $28.5.
      It seems it's never too late to learn.
    • WADECASH
      WADECASH
      Basic
      man just a question how long did you wait to receive your bank roll
    • Razorel
      Razorel
      Bronze
      I received it in about 48h after finishing the quiz.