This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] overpair , board looks harmless ,but big bet on the turn

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position
      SB
      CO
      MP1

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:heart: , 7:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.24, BU folds, Hero calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: ($0.76) 3:spade: , 6:club: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.76) 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.40, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.16

should i fold on the turn ? Guy was relatively short stacked and i dont know what he could be having that he didnt bet on the flop.
  • 2 replies
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      i think its a fold. anyway u can configure texas grabem to show stack size, options at the bottom right.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      i like bet folding the flop here since you dont give any freecards and a freecard against two opponents is not what you want since you only have a small overpair. if someone raises your bet most of the time he will have a better hand since you bet into the preflopraiser which actually shows enormous strength.