Wanted: leakfinder and -solver

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm currently struggling @ NL50 and NL100 (shorthanded), so I was wondering if someone wanna help me out a little. My biggest problem are my non-sd winnings and with that my low W$WSF... so I play too nitty fit/fold-poker.

I was wondering if someone was willing to rail me during a session (with teamviewer/skype) so I can put my game back on track.

I was thinking somewhere next week, I prefer during the morning or afternoon.

Any help appreciated,

Zeffke
  • 19 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      If you come into irc there are always people who will watch your play over mikogo ;) many people playing similar limits
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Can I sugest reading Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em
      from ed miller and crew

http://smallstakesnolimitholdem.com/

This will transform the way you play I guarentee it :D
      Im mid reading it and implimenting some bits of it, although i dont play alot of 6 max it is my main goal to learn to beat it.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      from ed miller and crew

Im mid reading it and implimenting some bits of it, although i dont play alot of 6 max it is my main goal to learn to beat it.
      Honestly I think the articles by Pokerstrategy.com are good enough to play +ev at NL50 and NL100 :) Become gold and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And I'll check out IRC monday, tnx guys.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Just because I am bronze doesnt mean I am a beginner.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zeffke
      from ed miller and crew

Honestly I think the articles by Pokerstrategy.com are good enough to play +ev at NL50 and NL100 :) Become gold and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And I'll check out IRC monday, tnx guys.
      Being bronze means nothing, I just don't play on tracked accounts.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i think one thing that helps for non-SD winnings is this: when you find yourself in a kind of marginal situation where you're on the flop and are either considering bluffing or taking some kind of stand with a vulnerable hand, for example when you are faced with a donkbet and board/hand doesn't give you an easy decision, you should do one of two things: either just give up straight away and wait for a better spot, or go all the way and really use everything you've got to win the hand. don't just make some kind of half-hearted play on the flop and then decide on the turn that it wasn't a good spot afterall or that you aren't prepared to take further risks.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      They must pay you a lot if you think ANY of the writers here are as good as Ed Miller. He has now written two of the most amazing poker books in existence so it's a pretty high bar.

(However I wouldn't pay $99 for it! It used to be $39!)
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      I didn't say they are better then Ed Miller, what I meant to say is that I'm not willing to pay $99 if I can get strategy articles for free that should help me to play +EV as well :) $39 sounds better but still :)
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I didn't say they are better then Ed Miller, what I meant to say is that I'm not willing to pay $99 if I can get strategy articles for free that should help me to play +EV as well :) $39 sounds better but still :)
      Use ur FPPs on stars and order the book(s) there. It's pretty awesome value considering they cost around 2kFPP and if u really take time and study them well ... best rake back deal u'll ever get.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I didn't say they are better then Ed Miller, what I meant to say is that I'm not willing to pay $99 if I can get strategy articles for free that should help me to play +EV as well :)
      The articles here above Bronze are not free. If we can't agree on that then we are at an impasse.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      I didn't say they are better then Ed Miller, what I meant to say is that I'm not willing to pay $99 if I can get strategy articles for free that should help me to play +EV as well :)
      The articles here above Bronze are not free. If we can't agree on that then we are at an impasse.
      they're not free for you :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Zeffke is basically right, that the articles we have are sufficient to become a winning player at the low stakes. Concerning your problem Zeffke, User2User coachings are a good thing, so I hope you'll find someone on your level or maybe even a better one.

For everybody else ( because you know anyway):

an alternative: http://de.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/coaches/

You can't leran everything from articles and books. Some things work way better if you talk about them to somebody else. Or you can find leaks in your game by having a coach who is experienced.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      from ed miller and crew

why would you post a link to a different training site, TO a moderator?
      Why not just say, "kick me in the nads right now"?
      Seriously, common sence anyone? :s_evil:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      why would you post a link to a different training site, TO a moderator?
      Why not just say, "kick me in the nads right now"?
      Seriously, common sence anyone? :s_evil:
      That isn't their training site. It is a website only for that e-book and has minimal references to their other endeavors.

Since a PokerStrategy article already mentions the other book by Ed Miller I really don't understand why you guys are being so weird.

Most of the articles here wouldn't exist with writers such us Ed Miller, David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth. Their ideas and concepts are quoted by name all over the place.

If you want a poor copy of the strategy, then plug away to make strategy points and read the expurgated version. Otherwise the original source is always the best.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      from ed miller and crew

IMO $99.95 for a book on SMALL STAKES poker insane overprice! :f_eek:
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      yaeh but maybe someone want to share :s_cool:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gredal
      Half a buy-in is overpriced? You do realize that this book is about NL $200 right?
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Half a buy-in is overpriced? You do realize that this book is about NL $200 right?

Still 100 is sick compared basically any other poker book
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Still 100 is sick compared basically any other poker book
      Yeah, I'm glad I got it when it was still only $40.