I have now reached $60 ???

• willfox
      willfox
      Bronze
      I have now reached $60 so do I now move up a level from .05/.10 limit to .10/.20 limit ??? I have 300 big bet so it makes sense to progress to the next level and should I lose 50 BB retreat back to .05/.10 limit ...

Hands : 3177

Won: $12.69

BB/100: 3.99
  • 19 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      The good old "Should i move up" question.

Don't worry the skill difference is not big between these two limits.

The only problem is always do you have a psychological problem going down again when you loose. A lot of people don't want to go down once they moved up - logical consequence - they go broke instead of down.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • willfox
      willfox
      Bronze
      Well steph I'm not afraid to take a step back to protect my bankroll :)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      If that is the case then please always move up when you have 300BB for the next level like we said in our Bankroll Managment Article.

You can save some more BB if you move from Fr to SH
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      I would like to ask something similar. How big is the diference between 0,1/0,2 and 0,15/0,30? I have become silver mamber (earned 100 party points - only you need to resresh your statistics) and i have only 1000 hands to be played and will receive bonus, so I'll have enough big bankroll to go on 0,15/0,30. Is the difference big or not?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      There is only a small skill difference at the lower limits.

So you can easily stick to the 300 BB rule!

We hope to have a refresh of the data tomorrow.

The Server crash slowed down some things here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      No problem, thank you for chance to try real money play on net and to improve my play with your site.

Best regards, Cawo
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      Can I ask one more thing? I have now almost 90 $ and soon (the day after tomorrow I thing) I will get another 100 $. I'm playing now 0,10/0,20 and have 1.9 BB/100 hands winrate, althought I had some downswings and poor plays by myself. On Which limits should I go play now, when I'll have about 200 $?

Tnx for answer.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      According to the bankroll management article- it is good to move up 0.15/0.30 level if you have reached 90$ bankroll. So move up if you have reached 100$ . I have 89,25$ bankroll and waiting to get another 75 cents to move up next level:D Either I started to play good poker or i just got lucky or I found good tables, where I could make contibets, which make others fold. So try for few days how is playing on the next limit, if you win money, you feel comfort, then it´s no sense playing lower limits. I always like challenges and also 0.10/0.20 tables seems easy.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      What will be very helpfull for the future is to switch your thinking from $ to BB. Some time ago there was a tool called "DollartoBBConverter" and you saw BB's instead of $ so when you moved up a limit you still saw the same like at the previous limit. Always started with 25BB and not with $250 or $500 ;)

But unfortunatly it does not work anymore after some PP updates ;(
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      I acctually think on which limits should I go when I will have cca. 190 $? I'm affraid of big difference in play (too good players), because I can easily move to 0,25/0,50.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I suggest you try the next limit, which would be .15/.30. If you find that you are having no difficulties with that one, then don't waste time there, and go to .25/.50. But just give it a try. It will be better to win a little there, and go up, then to go up 2 levels and find yourself losing a lot. This can happen, not necessarily because you are playing badly, but just because you get a run of bad cards. It could be a bit demoralising, as you wouldn't be sure what was the reason, and would suspect your own bad play, so try up one level for a little bit, then reasses. IMO of course. :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      I suggest you try the next limit, which would be .15/.30. If you find that you are having no difficulties with that one, then don't waste time there, and go to .25/.50. But just give it a try. It will be better to win a little there, and go up, then to go up 2 levels and find yourself losing a lot. This can happen, not necessarily because you are playing badly, but just because you get a run of bad cards. It could be a bit demoralising, as you wouldn't be sure what was the reason, and would suspect your own bad play, so try up one level for a little bit, then reasses. IMO of course. :D

definatly do that first. the change is often hard because you have to get used to the new limit. the pots will be bigger and this way you can get a softer feeling to the bigger pots.
      if you let one out this effect will be even bigger and you may start tiliting very fast :/
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      Tnx a lot both of you. I will do it that way.

Have a nice session ;)
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      Original von Stefan1000
      But unfortunatly it does not work anymore after some PP updates

make your IT earn their money ;) :D
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      On these limits i alway sticked to the 300 BB rule. If the limit was to tough, i would lose money and move back down (which i lucklily never had to). I trusted in this system and thought i would "float" to whatever limit i belonged to according to my skill. So if you have no problem with going down a limit, this would be a good thing to do.
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      Ok and now: When to move down again, if I would losing? When or where make the line and go down again?
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Well, according to the 300BB rule, you would stay there until your bankroll reduced to $60, which is 300BB at the limit below (.10/.20). I would suggest, though, that if your bankroll were to drop from $190 to $60 playing at the .15/.30 level, you would be looking at what was going wrong a long time before it got that far. In the (unlikely :tongue: ) event that you were to lose 150BB, which would be only $45 (leaving your bankroll at $145), that would be the time to consider a drop back, or even a break while you check your playing style.

If you are playing according to the SHC, reading the articles, posting hands in the forum and learning from your mistakes, (you do make them, we all do), then you are unlikely to lose that much. It isn't out of the question to lose up to 100BB in a mini downswing, and it is strange how often that can coincide with a step up a level. I recently advanced from .25/.50 to .5/1, and in my first 1500 hands, lost 60BB. I wasn't making dreadful mistakes, just not getting my share of the right cards. I did wonder though, because it is natural to think that you are doing the wrong thing when you are losing 4BB/100 hands. Poker is funny like that, doing the right thing can cost you money in the short term. However, the next 4200 hands I have won 180BB (just over 4BB/100 hands), because I stayed consistent, and the cards went my way. So, play and learn, follow the guidelines, and it will work for you.

Cheers. And remember, when your pocket Aces get beaten by any old rubbish (it will happen), have a quick curse, and let it go. Pocket Aces won't always win, no matter what, so don't let it get you down.
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      Hi. Another question from me (and tnx for all answers so far):
      I have now 212 $ (got bonus 100 $ so thanks a lot Poker Strategy and community), on 0,15/0,30 played about 800+ hands and I'm doing fine. Overall (including first steps on internet poker) in about 10k hands I have 2,42 BB/100 hands. Should I play a little bit more on 0,15/0,30 or go up to 0,25/0,50? I think I'm doing fine here and (althought I might sound narciss) beating the limits.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      go up :)