[NL20-NL50] 22 set

• BogdanDin7
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2, 2.
      Hero calls $0.20, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.2, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.70)
      2, T, K (2 players) Hero checks, CO bets $2.60, Hero raises to $5.6, CO raises to $36.41, Hero calls $25.51.

Turn: ($70.22)
      Q (2 players)

River: ($70.22)
      A (2 players)

Final Pot: $70.22.
      Results follow:

Can we ever think of folding to such a huge 4-bet ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Unless you are expecting to get raised by some sort of maniac behind you, i would recommend open raising with all your pocket pairs in a 6max game if you intend to play them. I'd also c/r a little bigger on the flop, your opponent would still think he has fold equity if you make it like $7, but you give him worse odds should he choose to flat with a draw.

As played, i don't think i'm ever folding against an unknown even for that price, for all i know he could do that with AA, KT, a flushdraw, some kind of combo draw. Even average players will sometimes put YOU on a draw there and make a stand with TPTK so that you can't shove over yourself for fold equity.

AA alone is as likely as him having a higher set, and people hate to fold AA, so they hope you have Kx and ship it in there. If you get set-over-set'd without a better read on the player it's a cooler, don't beat yourself up.

Hope it helps.