This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 22 set

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $37.61
      BU:
      $20.28
      SB:
      $30.14
      BB:
      $16.00
      MP2(Hero):
      $32.31
      MP3:
      $7.93

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2, 2.
      Hero calls $0.20, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.2, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.70)
      2, T, K (2 players) Hero checks, CO bets $2.60, Hero raises to $5.6, CO raises to $36.41, Hero calls $25.51.

Turn: ($70.22)
      Q (2 players)

River: ($70.22)
      A (2 players)

Final Pot: $70.22.
      Results follow:

Can we ever think of folding to such a huge 4-bet ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Unless you are expecting to get raised by some sort of maniac behind you, i would recommend open raising with all your pocket pairs in a 6max game if you intend to play them. I'd also c/r a little bigger on the flop, your opponent would still think he has fold equity if you make it like $7, but you give him worse odds should he choose to flat with a draw.

As played, i don't think i'm ever folding against an unknown even for that price, for all i know he could do that with AA, KT, a flushdraw, some kind of combo draw. Even average players will sometimes put YOU on a draw there and make a stand with TPTK so that you can't shove over yourself for fold equity.

AA alone is as likely as him having a higher set, and people hate to fold AA, so they hope you have Kx and ship it in there. If you get set-over-set'd without a better read on the player it's a cooler, don't beat yourself up.

Hope it helps.