[NL20-NL50] NL20 AQ TP vs unknown

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($29.34)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($20.52)
      MP ($35.63)
      Hero (Button) ($20.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.20, Hero bets $1, 2 folds, MP calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.30) 8, 9, A (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.60, MP calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.50) 7 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $4, MP calls $4

River: ($13.50) Q (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $6.75, MP raises $29.03 (All-In), Hero calls $6.85 (All-In)

Total pot: $40.70

Villain unknown

On the river I thought I might extract value from worse aces (worse 2pairs) and after he pushed I realized I was already commited so I had to call. Maybe check behind on the river was better?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm betting a bit more on the flop, it's very drawy.

On the river, against an unknown who open-limped the CO, i agree it's a clear valuebet. Since you're gonna call a push anyway, your only concern should be how big a bet will Ax hands and worse 2 pairs hands call. If he has you beat with JT or a set good for him.

He probably won't fold two pairs to any bet, so what can he call with Ax ? If you have any reason at all to think the guy is a bit call happy, just shove the rest in. Else, betting half pot and calling the shove is fine.

Don't let the weird fishes on your poker site get to you, you can't check back that river to a guy who open-limped the CO ;)

Hope it helps.