Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,15
      BU:
      $17,07

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , T:spade:
      2 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,50, BU calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,05) T:diamond: , 6:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,75, BU calls $0,75.

Turn: ($2,55) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU calls $1,50.

River: ($5,55) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,00, BU folds.

Villain seemd kinda fishy so I decided to make a small overbet, that most likely would be called by any 7x, flush and maybe Tx as well. What do you think? Can i expect him to call with those kind of hands?
  • 3 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      You really need to value bet rather than overbet. You have the 2nd nutz... only 77 beats you... but although he seems pretty loose/passive (calling station), he isn't dumb and knows when to fold. Once the river card comes, you have to give him some odds of calling with worse hands... if you bet like 1/3-1/2 pot on the river, he might make a hero call with some pairs. If he had a flush or even a set or straight, you might even induce him to shove because he thinks he has FE over you.
    • pokeralle
      pokeralle
      Bronze
      Yea, I guess you are right. I usually don't make these kind of bets. But I wanted to give it a try, but it failed, so I will probably stick to normal valuebeting in future. :f_cool:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Make it 6bb preflop, it's better out of position with a limper and that guy won't care about the extra bb.

Since that guy seems very call happy, i would bet more on both the flop and the turn, figuring if he's on a draw or an (unlikely) top pair, he will call anyway and most of my value will come from there. If he somehow has 7x or 98 he isn't going anywhere either, no matter how much we bet.

On the river, just because that guy didn't raise along the way doesn't mean he doesn't have a strong hand, just that he doesn't have a raise button. I think there are enough flushes, 98 and 7x in his range to warrant a 2/3 pot bet, i doubt he is calling with anything else on that scary board often enough to make up for the value we would lose from those hands when we bet smaller to target the occasional 6x or 88.

Hope it helps.