[NL2-NL10] NL25 k8 freeplay

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i seem to get myself in a lot of bad positions in these freeplay games so i am wondering if i should them less aggressive.

maybe i shouldn't bet the flop and if i do bet i should bet full potsize in an unraised pot. but since i chose to bet the potodds are fine for a call. turn is correct played imo. river?

villains are unknown

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($25.32)
      CO ($11.40)
      MP2 ($9.61)
      UTG ($9.08)
      Button ($4.52)
      MP1 ($6.75)
      Hero (BB) ($5.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 8
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.75) 9, 6, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP2 raises $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks

River: ($2.75) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, MP2 raises to $8.36 (All-In), Hero calls $2.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $11.25
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I always bet pot in unraised flops if i decide to get aggressive. HU this would be an easy bet for me, but multiway i'm not so sure. It hits SC and PP limping ranges quite nicely.

Unless i have good reason to believe both Villains will fold in the majority of cases I try and play this one passively.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Raun,

In a freeplay you shouldn't lead out with just a draw, unless it's a monster. The best thing to do here is check/call according to odds/outs. If you hit a top pair with a very strong kicker you might want to bet it out, depending on the situation, but a one card OESD is just not good enough.

On the river I also don't like bet/pushing, villain can have you beat with way too many hands. I check/fold.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Raun,

OC+OESD is still like 11 outs at most so it ain't a monster draw -> check/call accordingly. Moreover you dont want to isolate yourself against one opponent!

That said, I just check/call accordingly to Implieds/Odds & Outs :)

Best regards,
      Gerv