$1.24
      CO:
      $1.10
      BU(Hero):
      $2.80
      SB:
      $2.15

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.14, SB raises to $0.44, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.85, SB raises to $2.15, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($4.36) 9, 5, 6 (2 players)

Turn: ($4.36) 6 (2 players)

River: ($4.36) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.36.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of sixs (K A)
      SB shows two pairs, queens and sixs (Q Q)
      SB wins with two pairs, queens and sixs (Q Q).

was is correct to shove in?
  • 3 replies
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      I hate these spots! You clearly can't fold AK to a 3-bet as tis far to weak without soem ultra-nitty read. But then I dnt like raising because you are commited and AKo is very marginal hand to get it in pre-flop with. But, the problem with calling is that the pot is now really big and you can only really continue with either an A or K on a reasonable flop and even then you are sumtimes getting stacked by AA / KK. Despite this i still think callign is the best option, interestigj to see what a judge says as this is a problem area for me also.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello. NH WP... there's nothing more you can do. It's BU vs SB... he could defend his blinds with a wide range of hands including dominated Ax hands or Kx hands... so you have to 4bet, which commits you to the pot. Not to mention that this is NL2, so their ranges are wider.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      Hello. NH WP... there's nothing more you can do. It's BU vs SB... he could defend his blinds with a wide range of hands including dominated Ax hands or Kx hands... so you have to 4bet, which commits you to the pot. Not to mention that this is NL2, so their ranges are wider.
      +1, this.
      Also just 4bet/shove, he got 0.3$ left.