Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $18,44
      MP3:
      $15,66

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:spade:
      MP3 raises to $0,30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,90, MP3 calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,85) 5:heart: , K:heart: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,20, MP3 raises to $5,00, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,25

I hate this card without position. Even if you hit it, you can't really play it against another deep stack. Except from QJTo, AAx, KKx, AKxo you can't really charge with it.
  • 3 replies
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      What do you put him on here tht is beating you, k5/k8/85 are highly unlikely, that only leaves sets with 55, 88, kk, which are possible but you cannot put him on them directly. I think he is doing this with K with a decent kicker maybe Q or J as he seems quite bad and is slightly LAGy pre-flop. He could also be possible on a bluff if he htinks your c-betting often and tryign to steal. It could be a semi-bluff with a FD which he ios also capable of. I think I would shove here to get value from worse kings which I think he will call with or hope he calls with a flush draw.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I would also go over the top and shove. If he slowplays AA or KK - be it. He might however make that move with KQ, AhQh, AhJh, AK, sometimes even JJ-QQ.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you face that sort of situation next time ask yourself:
      which hands does player would bet/call ip
      how often would he raise on that board for value or for bluff
      against unknown b/f is perfectly fine but here I could even consider just shoving
      because there shouldn´t be so many hands that he can raise for value (55/88/k8), so that leaves a lot of draws and weaker hands