This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

interesting spot

• cjbridle
      cjbridle
      Bronze
      any thoughts advice on how i could play this better?

reads on opponent: his stats after 48 hands are 52VP$IP/10PFR

his fold to contibet is 50% so i justified the conti bet with that flop.

his call on the flop, i put him on a FD, Q or maybe even a set.

i improved on the turn and put out a stop bet hoping he would just call and id see a cheap river with still 1k chips behind if i missed.

i took his check raise as strong play as i had never seen him check raise before. so thinking im dead to a club, i fold with 1k left. :(

ended up losing a 10bb race with AK v QQ and im out in 8th.

Absolute/UB Cereus No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (8 handed) - Absolute/UB Cereus Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t1650)
      MP2 (t1242)
      CO (t2215)
      Button (t1920)
      SB (t1522)
      BB (t995)
      Hero (UTG) (t1755)
      UTG+1 (t2201)

Hero's M: 19.50

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, A
      Hero bets t150, UTG+1 calls t150, 4 folds, SB calls t120, 1 fold

Flop: (t510) 5, Q, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets t300, UTG+1 calls t300, 1 fold

Turn: (t1110) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets t300, UTG+1 raises to t720, Hero folds

Total pot: t1710

[edit] edited with hand converter
  • 4 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hey cjbridle

Please use a hand converter to make reading this easier...

As far as I can tell I would fold AJ preflop almost always here... as played I would c-bet 2/3 potsize and even though you hit the flush draw on the turn I would probably check/call with the right odds, although it is a decent spot to fire a second barrel, but against a loose fish, they don't always fold easily...
    • cjbridle
      cjbridle
      Bronze
      hi nick,

i did look for a hand converter, but the ones suggested in the sticky either did not work or seeing as this forums doesnt allow html. i couldnt find out how.

in response to your advice,

i thought about folding pre flop, but have found that if i hit the A the kicker is almost always good and fish will stack off with <AT not to mention the flush, but yeah as played. i usually check call those kind of turns. but didnt see him giving me anything less than half pot to call.

upon reflection i probably should have just folded pre flop.

the only other thing i thought about doing was making my 2nd barrel 2/3 normal size and hopefully push him off the flush draw.. but a Q will always call me and i thought there was a decent chance he had the Q.

also a 2/3 bet would have committed me on the turn.

so would pushing the turn be ok? maybe have some fold equity?
    • cjbridle
      cjbridle
      Bronze
      ps. converted
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Ahhh... that's better...

Yeah if you bet the right amount on the turn you're committed so it would be a shove... that's why I check there... shove would be 2nd best option IMO...